How to Find a Sitter or Nanny
I have been extremely swamped with life in general but I am back with a helpful blog on finding a sitter or nanny. Most of my ideas come from conversations with friends and one that keeps coming to mind is childcare.
Now, if you have been following my blog for a while- welcome back- and you know that we had some struggles every now and then with care for the home and my career decisions. You also know we are new homeowners. So, here we are- Two kids, both parents are working, and a house. Wait, who taking care of these kids!? Once I got my job, we did the transitional thing of sending the kids to my mother-in-law's where she had help from my brother-in-law. But, our kids are a little energetic and that online learning fell by the wayside when I went to work and the in-laws were not up-to-date on his schooling. So, what to do? We made the decision to find a nanny or a "sitter". (Sorry, I still don't feel like I am rich enough to hire a nanny.) So, we are currently onboarding our second at this point. I told you I have been busy. So, I am going to tell you what I did and what you SHOULDN'T DO!
What I did.
1. I went to care.com first. I didn't want people to think we were in a place that we were rich and I could pull a nanny. I looked as soon as I stopped wrestling with myself to find one. I was a little irritated about the cost. I have to pay YOU every three months?!
A. I should have went to other sources first. There is also sittercity.com and urbansitter.com. Believe it or not, Craigslist is still around and facebook has plenty of groups. I found one in my area. I also should have sat down with my husband and wrote up a list of things we want in someone to watch our children and don't want.
. . .
So, I have to stop this blog and actually get something out there. This did not happen. The second nanny did not come in. We did all her paperwork, I spoke with her, met with her, and she did not show up on the first day. Ghosted me! Well. . . I am going to go and figure this all out.
2.
Comments
Post a Comment