Been So Long! Updated Post
Yup, pretty much this week and the last three months
So, I will try to make my updated post as clear and positive as possible. I have been working- a LOT!!! We went through one nanny but with two parents working 45 minutes away from home- that can put a lot on someone. So, I leave home at 7AM and get home around 7PM. Once home, I have my cases and they have come in larger numbers. I have slowed down doing them because I get tired being on the computer so much. The good thing with work? While seeing how the patients are doing I am stretching and exercising along with them. I am, apparently, a big ball of energy and no one truly believes my age. Really? Forty-one year old women are not supposed to move like this? OK.
The highs and lows of attempting a vegan diet are better with planning. If I make my meals in the beginning of the week I have salads for the week and that helps a lot. I notice the salads and soups are quite energizing and I can even go, go, go with minimal sleep- which is what I might need with my schedule.
Now, our son attends public school here in our nearby school. He is about a block and a half away and that is so refreshing! And, he is back in school which has been better for his psyche.
Picture for proof
I get email updates from the teacher which is great as he is doing well there. I was a bit worried because he was jumping from school to school- but yeah. One year after the schools shut down he went back to school in his home in a quiet suburb outside of Chicago. The curriculum seems to be a little more difficult but he is doing quite well! I still feel that when I took a step down from my job I could get him back to speed but I was still working online and helping with a publishing company so it did take a little time away from the kids. But, I had them scheduled and plotted and they were doing better. I feel like life sends me curveballs just to see what I do to prepare me for. . . something. I am not quite sure. I feel that I pass with flying colors. Now, this is a new one!
Since the end of May, we have been without care. We did what we could and even pulled our son out of school for two days as we processed everything out. We found other people. They have to live, I get it. But, so do we and we couldn't afford the gamut of these people. So, we ended up hiring someone that did not show up on the first day. Now, my dear husband is taking a leave of absence from work in order to care for our children until we figure it out. Sad news in a nutshell.
On to some nice news, in February, we observed Lunar New Year better than the year prior! The year before, we celebrated with friends in "Viet Town" Chicago a week after. This year, we went to actual Chinatown in Chicago:
![]() |
| The city decorated for the occasion |
| The kids and I stopped at Chiu Quon Bakery for moon cakes. |
A red lantern placed on the window. It was moved to the back door to ward off evil spirits.
We bought some nick-nacks at a local store and brought some back to the burbs for friends. The next day was Valentine's Day and we tried to do fun stuff. It was ok.
| Regular French Toast cut into a heart. |
| Vegan French Toast- drools! |
| A Valentine made for the nanny! |
| First time using Etsy on my phone- I'm hooked! |
| What we were supposed to paint. |
| What I ended up painting. |
| Yes, no masks and very close- They have been in my "bubble" for a while. |
| A meal after? Yes! Vegan Cuban food! Oh YEAH!! |
April is just a busy. This post took two days I want to add. I can add links and posts about what you see. Also, the house is coming along. But, I have to get out. I have three cases and getting these kids ready for the week! ( Baby girl 's 4th birthday and the boy starts soccer practice!) Have a great week until I can fit in time to post again.
Disfruta la dia!
Eclectic Lotus
(My shirt says, "Beauty in Every Shade")




Comments
Post a Comment