Bone Broth "Versuz" Vegetable Broth


 Bone broth is the absolute BOMB! Before I had kids, I would sometimes boil bone for the marrow or put it in collard greens. I love the stuff! Most people in my fields ( yoga world and allied health world) would recommend bone broth for colds and joint health. The healing of bone broth is simply sublime! When I mention bone- it is any animal bone- chicken, beef, turkey, pork, lamb, etc. The list goes on and on. Also, I am listening to a seminar to uplift me a little, and since it is fall and they are talking about getting the flu shot in order to avoid a "double infection" this year. (Seriously, the lockdown occurred in March which was still flu season. Why are we acting like this is new?)

Benefits of bone broth

1. Joint defense

     One of the active ingredients is glucosamine, which if many of you know about the supplements that are in the joint health supplements. Why take the supplement this season when you can stock up on bone broth or make your own. (Will edit this to get you a recipe.)

2. Skin and connective tissue benefits

     One word: collagen. Oh yeah! Wait, I need one more word: gelatin- well not really. collagen is gelatin so ipso-facto, it is all great. One more thing, there is an abundance in B complex vitamins which help to grow nails, hair and improve the skin.

3. Anti-inflammatory fighters

     If you are a US citizen, resident, or follow our diet, there is so much about inflammation that we are consuming. It is wild! One way to knock out the chips, french fries, pizza, bread is to go for the broth. Yes, many anti-inflammatory ingredients which can help with colds, fight the flu, and if you have COVID, can nurture our immune system. Am I ready for my immune system to be like the Avengers? You bet! ( lol! See how I through that pop culture in there? WAKANDA FOREVER!)

5. It all comes back to the gut

   You fix the immune system, you fix the gut. They are all tied. Tired of the rumblies and grumblies? Tired of the gas? Tired of not going to the bathroom or going to the bathroom too much? Get yourself on the broth.


Now, you are probably wondering why this vegan-ish woman is throwing up pom-poms for bone broth. Is she not vegan anymore? NAW FAM! I am helping you out. I am all about the vegetable broth. YAS!

Vegetable broth is FYE!!! (fire) I try my best to keep the veggie broth stocked but I use it too much.  I substitute water for veggie broth in my rice and quinoa for a little more taste because you know quinoa by itself doesn't really taste like much. My yogi and allied health professionals will agree this is great stuff for colds, the flu, and cellular health. Since they are talking about getting vaccinated for the flu and as vegetarians and vegans we need to arm ourselves as well- this will get the job done! Now, here are the plus sides of vegetable broth

1. Mineral powerhouse

    With all the increase in minerals that this simple broth made of veggies can do! You need some potassium in the system because you have high blood pressure and you are not on a potassium-sparing drug? Veggie broth. You hypothyroid? Veggie broth (with Kombu for increased iodine support.) will take it on!

2. Anti-inflammatory superhero

     See my previous discussion. Veggie broth, when cooked without oils, has an abundant amount of omega-3 which is great for nurturing cells and turning off the inflammation cascade.

3. Bone health

    The minerals included in veggie broth are part of the building blocks of healthy bone development.

4. Let's improve vision

     Vegetables are loaded in vitamin A, which is great for vision. Also, vitamin C hangs out with them as well. Vitamin C is just overall great. Great for transporting iron through the body, cell growth, vision. There is a reason that Vitamin C is so favored!

5. Guard the heart

     With the reduction in omega 6's, there is a reduction of clogging of the arteries and therefore, the heart does not have to work as hard. Less "naughty" cholesterol, less clogs, and happier arteries.

6. Let's make the skin radiant!

    An antioxidant, which can destroy free radicals from the environment, veggie broth once again nurtures the body and the cells displaying some great looking skin.

7. Fix the Gut!

   Fiber is the name of the game and veggie broth is the club! Vegetables are already high in fiber which helps the gut and prevents and control out of control metabolic issues like diabetes. He who holds the fiber controls the gut! (Sorry, trying to make it sound like fiber is the "ring to control all rings". It's not but I wanted to throw more cheesy cliche's in there.)

I just left it at seven. There is also detoxification, and improving metabolism but you get my point. Now, that I have displayed BOTH bone broth and veggie broth go ahead and take your pick. While I praise bone broth I guess you keto and "meat eaters" need a substitute for all the goodness we "veg-heads" are getting so have at it. I recommend either. I would have to caution you on where to get your sources and that is for either veg head or the meat folks. Organic and free-range options have fewer contaminants. 

Here are some links on how to make veggie broth and bone broth. Enjoy your food because it is your medicine!

Great article on bone broth!

Great article on vegetable broth!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Great Conjunction- Function: What does it all mean?

Where does the Time go?

Food, Air and Water Show and NAILS