Divine Intervention

Before I tell this pretty fascinating tale of getting a floation device in the career world it is going to be tricky on my end because I am going to flashback and fast forward which is something I have not been as successful in but it has to be told this way in order to see the "Ah ha" moments. I am currently working with a new doctor and if you have seen some of my prior post you will know that I was ready to pack up all my Chiro and Naturopathic tricks and just work on writing books, blogging and medical writing.

Yesterday, I was going through a spinal screening checklist. There contained a binder which had the date of November 2016. I lifted it up and looked at my new boss and said, "November 2016? Really doc?" He said, "Yes, it has been a while since I did one of these things. Man, it is exciting to get another doctor back in here and do them again!" He walked away going back to running the office and I continued to go through the bin but the date got me. . . November 2016.

I remember November 2016 like it was only a year ago. I was uncomfortably pregnant. I was four months pregnant and I felt like I was six months pregnant and just coming out of being so tired. I was working for The Joint as one of their floating part-time doctors but working full time due to schedule changes and doctors leaving the practice. I took on more hours because I knew once the baby came I would not be able to support myself financially for three months. November 2016 was the last month that my boss would do a spinal screening with his last associate before she went back home to practice.

From possibly December 2016 until August of this year, my new boss has been without an associate in what many would consider to be a busy practice. He has interviewed many doctors and has not be satisfied with the results. I have not asked in full detail about the interviewing process but I am sure I will find out along the way.

From January 2017 until January 2018 I was without a job. I was unemployed and a stay-at- home mommy in the city with a preschooler I was homeschooling and an infant. I went from getting up in the morning and doing yoga in office to toddler yoga and circle time and I would not have changed i for the world! I got to bond with my daughter- something that in my mind I never thought I would be able to say. I got to spend more time with my son who was turning out to be a little sponge like his mama- sucking in knowledge like crazy! We went to parks, musical events and impromptu plays off the 606 here in the city and became well versed with the local library staff as well as learned ASL and improved our Spanish.

I applied to BSC in September 2017 because I thought upper cervical technique was interesting and I had heard of it through school but only one day and nothing else was mentioned. I never heard back from the place until October 2017. By November 2017 I was being interviewed.

I was nervous. I didn't know what to expect and was hoping to see some old, soft, wise man who wore spectacles that drooped down his nose and a tarnished golden wedding band. They made me sit and watch an old video about NUCCA which I commented to the CA (Chiropractic Assistant) about and she made a side giggle but went back to work. The assistants moved like little ants never bumping into each other and not confused. This was something very new to me and I watched. Then, a tall, lanky, young man with fashionable glasses steps out and says, "Hi! I'm Dr. Barone!" Uh, go back to the back of the office sir, you are just an assistant. Get the old fat guy out! (Note, I looked up the office but not the doctor.) "Hello! I am Dr. Fregoso. WOW! You look really young!" He laughs like he has heard this numerous times. I wasn't brownnosing- the guy looked my age, may be younger. He gives me a tour and allows me to see into his world. I take the bait and then we step into his conference room where we begin to discuss what he thought of me and I could only image if he sees his next associate or something else. He sees an associate. I see my new sensei. He beings pulling out numbers and stipulations and I am not so sure but I accept.

One month of negotiations go by and then. . . complete silence on his behalf. I knew what that meant because I had been in two situations like this before where I was told I have the job and then silence on the hiring doctors end instead of them contacting me and telling me that they were no longer interested so I can pick up the pieces and plan the next stage in my life. It was unfortunate because I had already enrolled my son in a great private school and I needed to work. I frantically sent off texts and e-mails to my two backbreaking former employers seeing if they needed a doctor to work and I wouldn't be a problem since I know their systems. I got an answer. It was the doctor that I worked with when I was pregnant with my son. I began in the beginning of January part time.

June 2018, the doctor loses two CA's and one is on vacation. He is beginning to doubt that he will ever find the staff he needs to run the practice. He has already limited his hours at the office as he is teaching and doing a radio show. He is seeing less patients and is ready to pull the plug. (This is what he told me and I overheard him saying this to a patient.) He gets on his knees and prays to God and says that he wants to close his office and he needs help. He wants to expand and grow but keeps seeing blocades. The next day, he gets a former CA to come back and hires her friend who was also looking for a job. The next week, he got interesting news- an e-mail.

June 2018, I was working still for the other doctor in two of his offices. One was in the Little Village Neighborhood in Chicago and the other was in the Beverly neighborhood which was across the street from Evergreen Park, a Chicago suburb. I was making enough money to get by but something was stirring in me that I needed to make more money because I couldn't keep this up. Also, my husband wanted to do his own business and was thinking about leaving his job. Another associate wanted to work at the Little Village office which has been mildly stressful for me as I was working alone with no assistant and the owner of the building decided to turn off the air conditioning. I was ready to go and began polishing up my CV including ALL of my accomplishments from working as a Chiropractor to writing my own book of inspirational mantras to even blogging. Once I got on indeed, I saw BSC was still looking for a Chiropractor. I got a little annoyed and send a decline e-mail since I never got one from all the other employers. I thought I would be courteous since no one else wanted to be that way.

The decline letter I sent got a reply right away. He wanted to talk to me and I was unsure as to why as in my mind he totally dismissed me after seeming interested. I prayed to God and told Him that I want to work on writing and learning something new right before sending off the e-mail. I began thinking of polishing up my blog called, "The Chiropractic Housecall" that had been dormant for two years. I was thinking I might just brush up on those Acupuncture skills and do cosmetic acupuncture. I was a woman on the edge and hitting a break! He calls and I answer. He is trying to set up a time to meet with me to begin working on me coming in to work. What! Did you not read my letter crazy man! I keep rolling with it because I feel like I should let him know that I just want to interview him for my blog. We set up a time on a Saturday morning to meet.

That Saturday he is late. I am not worried because in my mind this is not an interview- this is a friendly chat. At his office. On a Saturday morning. He delivers an offer and more stipulations- Move to this suburb! I am still wondering what is going through this man's head. "Uh, why all of this. Why now? Where were you during the silent period? What has changed?" He looks at me with a straight face and says, "I prayed for help and saw your email. I knew that was God." He begins to go into detail about his future plans, his present plans and how he re-reviewed my CV and wanted to do more in writing with my assistance. After three hours I agreed once again to work with him.

Because I didn't know how serious this all was, I waited to tell the other doctor I was leaving. I was in a cloud as all the smoke around me from this office seemed not to affect my mood. I even interviewed with another doctor who knew my situation and wanted to be a third option. I got the date for the contract in Mid- July. I signed it and was off an rolling. I gave the owner a week an a half notice which he was not happy about but towards the end I stopped worrying about him after some of the things I had seen.

I tell this elaborate story because it all started and continued with God. He knew the timing and planned it according to His will. He knew November 2016 I was not ready nor was the doctor. November 2017 it was set up but there was little communication with Him- He put it in our minds but we needed to call out to Him. By the summer of this year- we were ready to begin this next phase and incorporating His will. So even something as small as a email or even an indeed notification can be a sign from God. Have a great Saturday and be blessed!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Great Conjunction- Function: What does it all mean?

Where does the Time go?

Food, Air and Water Show and NAILS