November Love- Food Marathon Has Begun!
I love November! I am not 100% sure why I love November but the fact that the end of the month is almost a reflection of things to be thankful for as well as learning new recipes! When my mother was alive, I would call her and get the scoop on all the traditional family recipes. She would get so mad when I called her and say, "Why don't you know all this? Why do you keep calling me?" I would have to answer, "Because you kicked me out the kitchen."
This November, I want to try and begin learning great Vegan recipes- soul food recipes. Because I love to record them on here I will try my very best and post them on this blog as well as give references on where to get these recipes. You would think living in Chicago- a meat and potato city there would be little to no vegetarian and vegan restaurants but that is far from the truth. This month, because I am still "gathering" my data I will post some of the best vegetarian restaurants in the city.
What do I plan on trying to create?
Vegan Mac and Cheese
BBQ Jackfruit sliders
Sweet and Spicy Chili ( recipe is listed here- yum yum)
Smashed potatoes
Vegan gravy
Seasoned green beans
Cornbread- Sweet Bandera- style
Cauliflower "fried chicken"
Kale salad with dried cranberries
I also would love to try and find the Gardein-style chicken since it was difficult to find in the Target stores near me. If possible, I may have to order it online and have it shipped. I am wondering if it is because we have so many options. The most difficult thing to make will be the Vegan Mac and Cheese because I have actually had really good vegan mac and cheese so this will be difficult.
Here is some info for you trivia heads- Why is November named so? Because it is the ninth month of the Roman calendar. Nov is usually short for nine in Latin. Oct- eight, Dec- ten. ( Like Octogon, an eight sided shape.) Ok, here is another one- Libra was not an original astrologcal sign. It is a combination of Virgo and Scorpio which may explain why it is the only constellation that is not an animal. OK, I am done.
Let the Food Marathon Commence!

Comments
Post a Comment