The Wife Does Everything

A male peacock has elaborate feathers and colors to attract a mate
My sister-in-law called me a few days back as she needed to vent about some activity that is going on with her and my brother. I did not get her permission to post this so I am going to leave it very vague on her end of the conversation. The basis of the conversation: she has to do everything in regards to payment and business when it comes to their marriage. I had four words for her:

THE WIFE DOES EVERYTHING

From cooking, cleaning, paying bills, getting services to come to the house, etc. I have heard limited couples where there is truly equal playing field. I even have a girlfriend where she moved the family, worked on selling their home, worked throughout her pregnancy, worked on a masters degree all while her husband did not work and watched the kids.

THE WIFE DOES EVERYTHING

This should be told to engaged women all over the place. They don't know the truth and many of us married women aren't telling them this one key fact. If you are a lazy broad you should know the truth before jumping into marriage. But, there are those women that really are not listening to what you say and get married anyway. I wonder if this fact leads to divorce. . .

THE WIFE DOES EVERYTHING

And why should we not? Men tend to have one track minds while we as women can think on many different tracks. If we were compared to towns and roads that lead in and out- men would be a small town like Dolton, Alabama and women would be a large city like Atlanta, GA. I don't know about you but I have at least 10 thoughts going through my head every minute and it shows because I am typing on here, walking into the kitchen with a tortilla chip and dipping it into my homemade guac, checking the boy's handwriting and work, checking on the baby, going for a pee break, checking jobs on the internet, looking over notes for a webinar, cutting up apples for the boy, putting toys away because he just fell on one of his toys and hurt himself, checking to see if I paid all the bills for the month and looking at review material for real estate. ( I think that was 12 things.) I still haven't got to cleaning the bathrooom, cleaning the kitchen, living room and doing the laundry.

THE WIFE DOES EVERYTHING

Naturally, this is in regards to a heterosexual couple. I am not sure how same sex couples do but the ones I know seem to have a pretty harmonious life. But again, those couples don't have children. Again, no judgement as I have no idea and don't want to know. I do not want the power to judge. So, my rant is over as my daughter is sleeping and my son is quietly working on his workbook and telling me to hush so the baby can sleep. Ahhh. . . silence!



*makes shhhhing noise*

The female lion in the pride bears the children and hunts for food while the male sleeps, watches the cubs ( plays with the cubs) and defends the pride.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Great Conjunction- Function: What does it all mean?

Where does the Time go?

Food, Air and Water Show and NAILS