Breathe, stretch, flex- Making Good on Final Weeks
As I forget to mention the GOOD things that happen during this time of my ultimate LAST pregnancy. ( I promise this is the last one. If I have another kid - I am seriously adopting!) Something that I actually didn't realize I was doing in the first place- EXERCISING!!
First Trimester- I was tired but not as tired as I was when pregnant with my son. I did a lot of walking. Here was my scattered but effiecient schedule I attempted daily:
- Walk at least 20 minutes
- 20 tricep dips off the couch or bed
- 20- 40 push ups
- 20 squats- regular
- 20 sumo squats
- 20 lunges
- plank pose for up to 1 minute in various positions
yoga
- mountain pose
- downward facing dog
- cobra pose
- upward facing dog
- chair pose
- triangle pose
- forward bend
- warrior I, II and III
- tree pose
- cat/cow
Second Trimester- I was in between having a job and not having a job but tried once again to get in working out when I could. Another scattered schedule:
- 20 tricep dips
- 20 push ups
- 30 squats
- 10 sumo squats
- 10 lunges
- plank pose for 30 seconds
yoga
- mountain pose
- upward facing dog ( until 17 weeks)
- cobra pose ( until 17 weeks)
- downward facing dog
- chair pose
- triangle pose
- forward bend
- Warrior I, II and III
- tree pose
- Goddess pose
- pigeon pose- and resting pigeon pose
- ? garland pose? ( I swear it is called something else though)
- cat/cow
Third Trimester- NOW! Tired but this belly is in the way of everything.
- 10- 20 squats
- 10 lunges
yoga
- mountain pose
- modified downward facing dog
- chair pose
- tree pose
- goddess pose
- pigeon pose
- garland pose
- polar bear pose
- cat/cow
In the second trimester I did more because I was exceptionally flexible. The third trimester I did a lot less but added more hypnobreathing to my exercises so if I was in a yoga pose I would hold it longer because I was focused on the breath and less on the pose. I forgot to mention the pelvic rocks that I did in order to relax the hips. Kegals are included in my daily schedule.
Below is a link to prenatal yoga benefits. Below is a picture of myself at 36 weeks and
Namaste
http://www.yogajournal.com/article/lifestyle/baby-love/
First Trimester- I was tired but not as tired as I was when pregnant with my son. I did a lot of walking. Here was my scattered but effiecient schedule I attempted daily:
- Walk at least 20 minutes
- 20 tricep dips off the couch or bed
- 20- 40 push ups
- 20 squats- regular
- 20 sumo squats
- 20 lunges
- plank pose for up to 1 minute in various positions
yoga
- mountain pose
- downward facing dog
- cobra pose
- upward facing dog
- chair pose
- triangle pose
- forward bend
- warrior I, II and III
- tree pose
- cat/cow
Second Trimester- I was in between having a job and not having a job but tried once again to get in working out when I could. Another scattered schedule:
- 20 tricep dips
- 20 push ups
- 30 squats
- 10 sumo squats
- 10 lunges
- plank pose for 30 seconds
yoga
- mountain pose
- upward facing dog ( until 17 weeks)
- cobra pose ( until 17 weeks)
- downward facing dog
- chair pose
- triangle pose
- forward bend
- Warrior I, II and III
- tree pose
- Goddess pose
- pigeon pose- and resting pigeon pose
- ? garland pose? ( I swear it is called something else though)
- cat/cow
Third Trimester- NOW! Tired but this belly is in the way of everything.
- 10- 20 squats
- 10 lunges
yoga
- mountain pose
- modified downward facing dog
- chair pose
- tree pose
- goddess pose
- pigeon pose
- garland pose
- polar bear pose
- cat/cow
In the second trimester I did more because I was exceptionally flexible. The third trimester I did a lot less but added more hypnobreathing to my exercises so if I was in a yoga pose I would hold it longer because I was focused on the breath and less on the pose. I forgot to mention the pelvic rocks that I did in order to relax the hips. Kegals are included in my daily schedule.
Below is a link to prenatal yoga benefits. Below is a picture of myself at 36 weeks and
Namaste
http://www.yogajournal.com/article/lifestyle/baby-love/

Comments
Post a Comment