36 Weeks Bonding With 3 Year Old Boy


This is about how the bed looks or how I arrange it nightly except I am stubborn enough to sleep on my left side so there is no identical side. Because I am not in the hospital this time around it is a little different so I am trying my best to take advantage of it. Here is that old questionnaire from when I was pregnant with my son:

How far along? 36 Weeks
Total weight gain? Unsure- last weigh in was 16 pounds total at wk 33
Maternity clothes? Still hospital gowns although I might wear an outfit this week
Sleep?  Not much some days. Other days I can. More so now though.
Best moment this week? I am off the fetal monitor for all day and I skyped in another shower.
Miss Anything? This is the time of year where I begin doing more cooking and baking.
Movement? Oh yeah!!
Food cravings? My own cooking
Anything make you queasy or sick? No, not really.
Gender? A sweet little maverick! ( Oh boy oh boy!)
Symptoms? Some constipation that has cleared up since I can walk around the room. Slight bit of acne.
Belly button in or out? Believe it or not, still in!
Wedding rings on or off? That wedding band is still on!
Happy or Moody? I am more happy now than moody.
Looking forward to? I am looking forward to having my baby and getting home.

Let's compare because it is fun in my mind but not really.

How far along? 36 Weeks
Total weight gain? Around 24 pounds
Maternity clothes? Yes!!!
Sleep?  Not much some days. Very few days I can before having to pee at night or sinuses messing with me.
Best moment this week? Not sure yet. Three days in.
Miss Anything? Yes. . .the ability to tie my shoes. Miss playing with my son.
Movement? Yes but the baby is more so stretching than kicking. Very active!
Food cravings? Pasta, baked goods, ice cream, Thai food, pho, Mexican food and Mac and cheese.
Anything make you queasy or sick? Not really, may be if I eat too much.
Gender? A girl. My little activist/feminist
Symptoms? Hip pain at times, stuffy nose/runny nose- so many more symptoms I don't want to mention.
Belly button in or out? Believe it or not, it is still in. I keep waiting for that last little bit to pop out but nope- still holding on for dear life.
Wedding rings on or off? Both. If I can get it on after a shower it is difficult to take off at night.
Happy or Moody? I am moody.
Looking forward to? I am looking forward to having my little girl. Her big brother is excited too!

I must admit that I am still laying low but also due to a sick son now a sick husband I rarely leave the house. But, I have been getting delivery so practicing my ordering from my phone skills- getting pretty good. LOL!

The days have begun to blend as I am still getting prepped for this magical time. When I get the energy I head over to as many stores as I can before the boy takes a nap and my energy is shot. I do feel guilty that I have lost some of my fun times with my son. He hugs me much more than before I was this large and tells me that he loves me and gives me three kisses at a time- two on both cheeks and one on my forehead. I try to do what I can but there are times I am still passing out on the couch without my knowledge. He continues to quietly play with his toys or does his puzzles. I talk to him more and when the days are nice, I open the door and watch him run around in his scooter in the back yard. Again, I feel guilty because I can't take him out in the neighborhood because I wouldn't be able to catch him. Sometimes I feel a little guilty about the neglect but when I have the energy we color and do crafts and go over spelling, addition and subtraction as well as writing the alphabet. For now, we do sign language since that is less for me to clean up. He is still nurturing which helps and he kisses my belly and tells me how he can't wait to meet the baby. I am happy but still worry about what happens when she gets here.

So, yes I am HUGE! This is according to my sister-in-law but my mother-in-law agrees and thinks I should "hold this baby in" for another week or so which I chuckle but I am still waddling and having trouble bending. Squatting hurts so most times I really don't feel like picking things up or grabbing cleaning supplies under the kitchen sink. Washing dishes have become a horrid nightmare as well as my back gets tired. Usually, I have to wrap my belly to do things like go grocery shopping or housework. I think hubby understands at this point as I have one good shirt that I wear that is hideous but it is loose fitting. 

The above picture is my belly cast. It was created by my doula as the black hand print is hubby and the green is my son's hand print.

So, I did two entries in a short period of time. Hurray!!! Have a great weekend and a Great Palm Sunday if you are into that.
Left- my son's summer shoes over his quilt. Right- my upcoming daughter's first pair of shoes over her crocheted blanket mommy made.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Great Conjunction- Function: What does it all mean?

Where does the Time go?

Food, Air and Water Show and NAILS