Dark Days of January
As we are mid way of the dark days of January I can't help but wonder what is going on with the madness. As of January 31st I am to be without a job. . . not this again! It is truly making me wonder if being a chiropractor was what I should be doing in the first place. There just seems to be no end with the hiring and layoffs and being replaced with a younger, male chiropractor. As I am currently 6 months pregnant there is no way that I will be able to find another job unless I get a side gig and do some assistant jobs on the side to be able to subsdize my income. . .just until I get cleared by the doctor and midwives that I can go back to work after having my second little nugget of love. I don't blame this stroke of bad luck on this baby but I feel guilty that this baby is going to be born in this financial storm that is brewing. I know we will be alright as hubby is taking on more jobs in order to make more money for baby and what is going on with my son. Last year was hard with the first trimester and dealing with working crazy hours and having limited time to use the restroom because we had to be front and center for the patients. But, I can say I enjoyed my job because I didn't deal with insurance.
On a good note because I hate simply talking about depressing life as I am sure you are since we have had a Himalayan salt lamp in our home I have noticed that my skin looks much improved. It is looking like I have a glow but I still get dry patches and mild acne but it doesn't last as long. I have been in the mood for some serious conditioning which is great for my hair as the hair has been crazy dry. I am looking to make some more deep conditioner and I want to do deep conditioning twice a week instead of once a week just so I can keep my hair good and moisturized throughout the winter which seems to be the most difficult thing on earth! I am seriously adding two leave in conditioners during the day and night. Also, I trimmed my hair and good thing I did because it slowed down the clumping and loosing of hair. As I am keeping up with pretty twist styles it has helped and I even had patients compliment me on my hair. Yes! I need to feel pretty because I have not in the past couple of months.

Comments
Post a Comment