The Shy Mom Comes Out

It is weird but it seems as the older I get, the more shy I become. You would not think that so if you ever met me- I am a blast! I am the one that shuts down a party and will dance most the night away. Being a mom, rare are the days that I get the opportunity to perform this act. I will meet other moms in the park and out on our SAHM adventures.

I have to admit that I have been a little less shy about meeting and contacting new moms. In fact, I am planning a mommy date this week to get some much needed Mediterranean food. How? Facebook, of course. I am so late on this so may be you are rolling your eyes but if you are not here is how. Get into a group that does a LOT of activities and join them on a couple of things. I am signed up with a Chicago-based group called Just Like Me: Connecting Multicultural Families. The families are amazing! They are not just husband and wife and their kids but single moms with biological and adoptive children. They are parents who are not married but have a child. I have yet to see a gay couple but I believe there is a lesbian couple in the mix. Highly diverse make up and great personalities!

Unfortunately, you have to submit to the darkside but if you are not on now and you want to get in on some great groups here is what you do. . . DON'T ADD FAMILY!!!! If you want to connect with them on facebook, create two profiles. Trust me on this one. Grandma should not see you post about sexual positions.

. . . *looks around*. . . I'm out of here. I have to get to my work before the boy wakes up and I have coffee. No coffee yet makes me a little groggy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Great Conjunction- Function: What does it all mean?

Where does the Time go?

Food, Air and Water Show and NAILS