Being true

Because this is supposed to be a multicultural site I never addressed the many racial issues that have occurred this year.
   The issues with Rachael Dolezal (spelling error I am sure.), the police department and comments spoken by select presidential candidates I have sat watch and let life unfold. I have watched my son grow from a stumbling toddler to one with a loud enough voice to almost make one deaf.
   Why have I not addressed these issues? Because nothing will occur from it as I focus my energy on love and abundance of good things. I will vote when it comes time but I pray for an abundance to hope, help, love, tolerance, wealth for all and happiness.
   Now for those who really wanted me to say something about that Rachel thing. . .hey, at least she possibly helped some blacks. She just went about a different approach. Never claim a struggle you never had to go through. I can say I love my husband and his family. They are my family. Do I ever once say I am now Mexican? Never. I may have a Latin last name and daily increase my Spanish vocabulary and have a half Mexican son but I am still a Black woman. I am still proud to be a Black woman. I still love being a Black woman. I don't highlight this every time. I like to emphasize that I am me and that is a little more than just being a Black woman with a Mexican husband. That is why the title of this blog is Eclectic Lotus. I love many other cultures besides my own and that of my married family. I love music, food, dance, culture, art and much else. I am much more than just being a Black woman. I'm a mother , a runner on sabbatical (lol), a wife, a jokester, a writer, a hard worker, a doctor, a consultant, a cousin, a sister, a house head, a rocker, a Christian, a yogi, a dreamer, an uptown girl turned into bucktown beauty, a side acupuncturist, and so on and so forth. I am true to myself and my family. This is where there seems to be a missing gap. Be true to yourself. So hiding behind Twitter and Facebook commenting and complaining. Once it is out in space, you can never get it back. I am pretty sure of I really wanted to I could get my blog posts from xanga all those years ago. You want to vent and be some one else? Write about it in a journal that is paper. If it is ever in question, it can be destroyed. Keep discretion alive.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Great Conjunction- Function: What does it all mean?

Where does the Time go?

Food, Air and Water Show and NAILS