Ouch!

* Note: contains graphic photos*

I have been a week and a half after my little mandolin slicer incident. I am back to full speed at home but not so much at work. Trying to make sweet potato chips and slicing the side of my thumb really does make you panic and question your physician skills. I immediately ran my thumb under cold water for twenty minutes. The bleeding didn't stop. Hubby got bandaids and two were put on while we searched for the missing piece of skin.
   The next day the band aids were removed and cleaned out with water and tea tree oil. Light gauze and tape were applied and switched out allowing the wound to breathe. A very light layer of antibiotic cream was applied once the wound dried.
  I still have pain at times but when pressure is applied to the thumb it hurts a little. One blogger wrote it took three weeks for the pain to go away but I think it might be less for me. This could be due to the location of the cut.
The pictures below are from the day after the incident, three days after and today.

Be careful and avoid buying an oxo mandolin slicer. That is what I had until hubby threw it away.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Great Conjunction- Function: What does it all mean?

Where does the Time go?

Food, Air and Water Show and NAILS