The Love of a Good Book

In these days to come there will be some changes in the way this blog is handled. I am not sure you have noticed, but I only blog about twice a month and this is due to the demanding schedule of my career and home. Less will be added of my personal life and more facts, figures and other items that you can use. I have noticed that many of these blogs are selfish with no rhyme or reason and will try to correct this issue. The complication of life can keep one at arms distance from what is passionate. As many of you can already conclude, I am passionate about writing. My high school years were spend with a pen and a piece of paper writing away and unfolding my eclectic spirit.
I am also a book junkie and love to be in the company of books.There is something about being alone with a book and nice hot tea in the dead set cold that makes life a little less harsh. I am nostalgic in the mind set of reading an actual book that you can hold and even page through to some of the end to see what happens. Reading a book that is poignant and meaningful attaches to your soul and sits in your mind throughout life. Watching a movie does not give the same effect as reading a book. This reason is why many people will watch a book first, then catch the movie only to be disappointed.
There is something about the words in pages that creates our imagination to throw a party. In college I worked in a library and it was something! I would stay in the aisles and re shelve books and think of the next book to borrow. I would work in the library during breaks and just get lost in those dark aisles and even take a peek at a few of the old books. We had huge windows that would see out as far as Lake Michigan and I would sit on those old couches and just get lost in the book and when my eyes needed a break there was the view of the woodsy college back drop and water in the distance. It is a shame I never read books like Atlas Shrugged but then again, I am still young.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Great Conjunction- Function: What does it all mean?

Where does the Time go?

Food, Air and Water Show and NAILS