Response to another blog with this one


As I was patrolling through the land of facebook (yes, I got back on. I missed the groups I was in oh so much!) I noticed a blog from a popular blogger called "Surviving Motherhood Without a Mother" so I was intrigued. As I read it over, it was from a woman who seems to not speak to her mother. I have seen this before as a friend of mine is currently cut off from her family. And with it now being October I have to write more about this since my mother passed away from breast cancer mets.

How did I do it?
Trust me. . .it is not easy. I had to explain this to my brother who, on her birthday he was a complete mess. I had to mention to him that she was there for you, helping to raise your family. I don't get that luxury. Here I am with an amazing baby boy and my mother not here to help me. Throughout my pregnancy I was without her to ask questions to. The only comfort I had was the conversations that I had with her before her passing which still seem to keep current in my life. I cried when she was mentioned. I didn't have her which as you can see is still unsettling. I move on and just as this mama does. . . I google! I got into some groups through facebook. I contact other moms and the support is unreal! I have even had ladies step up and claim my son as their grandchild.

So, raise a glass. . . to the people that survived breast cancer and the ones that died from it. We love you!

http://www.therealisticmama.com/surviving-motherhood-without-mom/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Great Conjunction- Function: What does it all mean?

Where does the Time go?

Food, Air and Water Show and NAILS