Smoothies, puree's and other foods
So, I am going to go ahead and post this post since I have been referencing to this blog via Instagram. . .
These two pictures are from today. . .
I have been really big on making smoothies and juices since my son was a newborn. It was the fastest way I could pile down some veggies since I was always nursing and it just kind of took off from there. Now, I challenge myself to buy veggies and eat them through the week. What you see above is called the Kermit. It contains a stalk of green kale, 2 tsp of spirulina powder, one ripe banana, some "organic" orange juice (meaning it was squeezed from the store we bought it from- pulp and all.No Minute maid here.) and plain unsweetened kefir. Place in the nutribullet and ready to drink.
When home, I tend to make smoothies for bubs and myself and in the night hours of when I have an extra pep I will make a puree'd something for my mother-in-law to feed him. Now, our son is on the BLW method but my MIL is scared to feed him big pieces of veggies, fruit and meat so I puree something for her. The baby eats it just fine but I know he gets frustrated from not being able to feed himself. What is baby eating these days?
-steamed veggies
-avocado
-sweet potatoes
-kale
-spinach
-oranges
-apples (and applesauce)
![]() |
| Homemade applesauce |
-salmon and other wild caught fish like cod
-eggs
-pineapples
-BREASTMILK (yes, still.)
-lamb
-lean cuts of beef
-I think I might have given him a meaty piece of pork once
-tomatoes
-chicken
-asparagus
-et al.
I really do try to avoid sugar, flour, rice, potatoes (he ate some of mine once. Reached right off my plate) and salt. He does get spices in his diet like cinnamon on the sweet potatoes and smoked paprika on the avocado. He gobbles them up like no one's business! I tried making sweet potato pancakes using egg, breastmilk, and flaxseed with coconut oil with poor results.
Here is where it becomes difficult. . . can't eat bad much anymore. The kid is watching and I don't want him to nibble on a french fry. We are beginning to alter our diets as a result. Hubby is beginning to eat more veggies and I refuse to buy soda.
Happy September! I will attempt at placing another entry on here before the month's end which must be soon. Happy Autumn!



Comments
Post a Comment