The First Day of the Rest of My Life
My first day free and I am taking a selfie!
Where do I begin. . . uh throughout my life one thing has been consistent and that is my desire to write. College was fun just because I was an English degree and I had to read books and write about them. . .SCORE!!!! I loved reading about the "new money" and "old money" of the book, "The Great Gatsby" or how hated a little black baby was in the 1950's in the book, "The Bluest Eye". I don't complain about paying off my undergrad school loans because they were worth it in the second half of school. I graduated from college and obtained writer's block. UGH!!!! The block was really that my father was sick and eventually passed away on a cold icy morning in very early January. So, I move to Chicago to obtain my creative mojo and what do I do? I do something I wanted to do but promised myself it was too expensive to do and that was go back to school and become a doctor.
While I am happy that I continued on and graduated and worked I kept feeling like something was missing. After I dropped out of school trying to get my second doctorate I lost a mother and had no means. Somehow my creative mojo came back! Something about struggling and having no money that causes creativity inside me I guess. I ended up working and put it back to the side to only begin my creative cause two years later. (This year)
When I put in my two weeks notice I couldn't help but wonder what was going to happen to my family. We were doing okay with the two family income and working towards getting a house and raising our son. I was miserable at this job! I can't sugar coat that at all. All I could hear in the back of my head were those creative gears coming up with ideas for me and telling me that I should be in front of a computer writing away. So, now I am looking into freelance writing and creative writing jobs. Let's see how I fare in the modern world. . .
Where do I begin. . . uh throughout my life one thing has been consistent and that is my desire to write. College was fun just because I was an English degree and I had to read books and write about them. . .SCORE!!!! I loved reading about the "new money" and "old money" of the book, "The Great Gatsby" or how hated a little black baby was in the 1950's in the book, "The Bluest Eye". I don't complain about paying off my undergrad school loans because they were worth it in the second half of school. I graduated from college and obtained writer's block. UGH!!!! The block was really that my father was sick and eventually passed away on a cold icy morning in very early January. So, I move to Chicago to obtain my creative mojo and what do I do? I do something I wanted to do but promised myself it was too expensive to do and that was go back to school and become a doctor.
While I am happy that I continued on and graduated and worked I kept feeling like something was missing. After I dropped out of school trying to get my second doctorate I lost a mother and had no means. Somehow my creative mojo came back! Something about struggling and having no money that causes creativity inside me I guess. I ended up working and put it back to the side to only begin my creative cause two years later. (This year)
When I put in my two weeks notice I couldn't help but wonder what was going to happen to my family. We were doing okay with the two family income and working towards getting a house and raising our son. I was miserable at this job! I can't sugar coat that at all. All I could hear in the back of my head were those creative gears coming up with ideas for me and telling me that I should be in front of a computer writing away. So, now I am looking into freelance writing and creative writing jobs. Let's see how I fare in the modern world. . .


Comments
Post a Comment