Budget Through the Week
Since I am coming upon my last day at my full time job I have been a bit frantic but still trying to control my spending habits. Here are some things I have been doing to pinch the heck out of a penny:
1- Lunches to go! I will make a salad (which is super healthy anyway) and grab some veggies to snack on while I am at work. I would not have spent a dime on lunch but if I do it is roughly about $20 and it is for the assistants to buy themselves something and that is my tax write off. Hubby is doing the same thing and he loves the money he saves!
2- COOK FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!! Since we eat at home more and have less take out I am sure I have saved about $70 a week! We used to have take out about four to five times a week. Look at all that untapped cash we are saving!
3- Amazon Prime. With that we are not renting movies as much because there is free streaming on the computer. I am hoping soon we can shut off our cable and just keep the internet but every time I suggest that Hubby just looks at me. I think he is hooked on cable.
4-Date Nights- free!
In the grand scheme of things we do have some things that we must knock off due to expenses such as our vacation/wedding to attend in Canada/Michigan. (to be continued)
1- Lunches to go! I will make a salad (which is super healthy anyway) and grab some veggies to snack on while I am at work. I would not have spent a dime on lunch but if I do it is roughly about $20 and it is for the assistants to buy themselves something and that is my tax write off. Hubby is doing the same thing and he loves the money he saves!
2- COOK FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!! Since we eat at home more and have less take out I am sure I have saved about $70 a week! We used to have take out about four to five times a week. Look at all that untapped cash we are saving!
3- Amazon Prime. With that we are not renting movies as much because there is free streaming on the computer. I am hoping soon we can shut off our cable and just keep the internet but every time I suggest that Hubby just looks at me. I think he is hooked on cable.
4-Date Nights- free!
In the grand scheme of things we do have some things that we must knock off due to expenses such as our vacation/wedding to attend in Canada/Michigan. (to be continued)
Comments
Post a Comment