The Multitasking Motherhood Project

This picture does not do me justice!
Currently, I am writing on this blog while watching Jonathan play in his musical play thing I got him while his bum genius diaper soaks in OxyClean and hot water from his recent "blow out" that did not go beyond the diaper. ( I have heard reviews that these diapers are terrible in a blow out but they have beat out the disposable diapers in that category so. . .YEAH!) My days are hectic so much so that I have only reserved facebook for work. My son is currently three months and spends his days at home with his abuela to watch him during the day while I am at work back to my old self of adjusting patients, checking on rehab exercises and researching just about everything to do with kinetics, herbals, and Chiropractic in general. I have my first deposition on a patient who was in an auto accident last year so this should be exciting!

Grocery shopping is delayed for the weekend along with planning nightly meals because as soon as I get home from work I am stripping out of office attire and back to sweats and getting to dinner which is something I can think of at the last minute. One night I made a saute of asparagus, mushrooms, red onions and shrimp- hubby loved it as we munched on it with Mexican rice that I made the day before that was not finished. Lunch at work is usually some sort of veggie soup that I picked up from the local organic grocery store. (Thanks Olivia's Market!) Yes, that is an active link. . . I give them so much business that I am allowing you to click to find out about the local store. Expensive items but if I need them, I need them!

I still wear my baby so that makes things a little easier!
Taken this morning. Notice his feet dangling?
This pic was two months ago when he was just a month- this is a different style of wrap simply because he loves to bring out those legs!
Speaking of. . . 
MOBY-LICIOUS
   I am loving my Moby wrap! I like the Ergo but that is used when I am on my grocery shopping rampage and need to free my shopping cart. The Moby is for home and when we are indoors at an event like the New Years party. According to the book there are a few ways to wrap the baby in different stages of their little lives. From eight pounds to 35 (and even larger I believe!) they are an essential tool for the lady who has to get everything done and still want that closeness with her baby. I just got my dear friend a Moby wrap and a week later I call her and she still praises me for buying that for her. She said she makes her husband lunch and her baby is not as fussy. So, if you are a friend of mine and you are expecting a child or have a new baby and I come visit you- best believe I am coming with a Moby wrap for you! (plus, the Ergo is WAAAAY more expensive. If you want that one you will have to get it yourself. Straight up!) The second picture is called the "Newborn Hug Hold" which the feet are tucked in- different from the regular "Hug Hold" that is the picture that was taken today. The difference? The Hug Hold is recommended for babies 3 months or older. I was confused because I saw 2 months and older in the booklet they give you and the website says 3 months or older. I saw whenever the baby is beginning to be a little kicker and likes stretching out those legs when you are having problems with putting them in the Newborn Hug hold. I do have a sling but I have yet to use it because it is recommended for when the baby is 4 months-4 years old so Jonny will be in a sling when he is much older and we are at a BBQ or something in the summer.  If you are looking to "score" a moby wrap for yourself here are some websites that might help:

http://www.mobywrap.com/mw/Home.htm (this is the actual moby wrap home!)
-Amazon
-Ebay (if you want it for SUPER cheap! Normal price in stores-$44 and up. Ebay- $12 and up)
-Target (this is where I got my first one. I have two btw)
-http://www.cottonbabies.com/ Cotton Babies.com- this is also where I get my reusable diapers and detergent for them

4th Trimester Ends!
  Going back to work also signifies the end of the newly termed, "fourth trimester". Yes, we have our baby flow going. (since I began this post the baby has been crying, sleeping and nursing) I can nurse this baby while on the computer, while eating myself but I have not mastered nursing and wearing him at the same time. I nurse him while we are at a diner having breakfast. LOL! (Thank God for nursing covers!) He loves to play, "talk" and for some reason he is facinated with TV. When I am home I try to avoid TV but since he is here all day with his grandma she has him watching TV with her. My kid is going to be addicted to smut TV. . .in Spanish. LOL!!! If I do put TV on for him it is Sesame Street- hey I was raised on it and I am a doctor so must be good stuff right? He also has friends. . .
Jonathan and his buddy Leon. Jonathan is 3 months in this pic and Leon is six weeks old. Big difference now but I am sure when they are teenagers we won't see a difference at all seeing as Leon has a tall daddy (6'3") and Jonathan has a somewhat tall daddy (5'11"). Yes, my son's shirt says, "Hide Your Daughters". *giggle*
We joke and say this is one of his "girlfriends"- my friend Yasmine. She told him she has a boyfriend but of course my son smiles and coos at her and she is in love. Also, check out the baby bootie "Chucks"- Thanks Tia Doris for the baby chucks. I get a hoot out of them. (because they are for babies)

Milly moo! Watched this little mama come into the world and she is such a delight! Adorable and runnin stuff but she shared toys with Jonny. How adorable! Plus, I LOVE her little Gap outfit!


For my dear friends on the other side of the country with their babies ( Tahn-Rae, Jaxson, Mikhail II, etc.) don't worry my kid will be your kids pen pal. Getting rid of cursive my left foot! For my other friends who have babies and we have not scheduled a play date yet do not fret it will happen and most likely their picture will NOT be featured on here and if it is you can barely tell who they are anyway. (see picture of Leon)

I will put this entry to a close. Will post again next week since my weekdays are filled with work, cooking, cleaning and caring for my little man. If there are any mommy questions feel free to ask them. I may not have the answers but I am locked so tough in this social media thing that I can find the correct answer. I get people asking me questions on fb and I am happy to answer them if I know the correct answer. I am not the perfect mother by a long shot. (*looks around at all her paperwork junk and shakes her head*) I try and give it what I can.

Next couple of entries- diaper bags, "Man, I still love maternity clothes", Baby toys-yes I fell for it, I did NOT forget about myself and hubby-or did I?, cover that baby up!. . . 








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Great Conjunction- Function: What does it all mean?

Where does the Time go?

Food, Air and Water Show and NAILS