Growth Spurts and More Mommy Stuff

With the holidays soon approaching comes new chaos with a newborn. . . the relatives! I knew this would be tricky with people wanting to see the little guy and deciding if I should send off Announcements along with the expensive items that we still need like a jogging stroller and protective winter wear for Jonathan while mommy darts off into the cold tundra of Chicago. I have begun to take more of an interest in Pinterest again. (interest in Pinterest? Ha, I did not plan that one out!) I want to go ahead and begin making laundry detergent and get produce from a farmer instead of going to the grocery store. Trust, I am very much into soups right about now.

Booby Juice Goodness
I actually am currently working on how to make my breastmilk healthy and more efficient. As I currently went to my 6 week follow up I am only two pounds heavier than I was before I was "knocked up". (*giggle*) So, it is time to disregard the holidays and work on my intended goal which was to  have a "better" pre-baby body. December is usually the time when I sign up for running events and check out my workout inventory. Right now, I want to focus on better "booby juice" as we call it here in the home. I am also focusing on more breast milk production as I am pumping and saving breast milk for emergency situations and work. Thus far, I have about 10oz of breastmilk stored. This weekend I will attempt at making lactation cookies. If I can succeed I will make more and have some for the fun and lovely mommies at the mommy and me group in Elmhurst. I did connect to a website where they have the mix all you do is add water or the cookies are already made but they are expensive and with me not working we need all the money we can get so I am going to make my own.
For energy, replenishment and to AVOID those serious sugar cravings I made this lovely concoction:
I think I might call this, "Hyper Electrolyte Juice"
1/2 cup of organic Spinach
1 tablespoon of Chia seeds
a handful of frozen organic blueberries
"to fill line" with coconut water
   Add to Nutribullet for about a minute and drink.

Seriously yummy! I didn't want any cakes, cookies, muffins, cupcakes or candy all day long. As soon as I drank it I felt a little more energized so may be the craving for bad stuff comes from a lack of nutrients like magnesium (btw- my pumpkin muffins I have been gobbling up have walnuts and cacao nibs which are also high is much needed nutrients. coincidence? Nope.)

No picture listed for this one so I will post it again. Another concoction that I created to also satisfy that sweet uncontrollable tooth is a mixture of Dark Chocolate Almond milk, spirulina powder and chia seeds. I mentioned it in a further post but I have added more spirulina so it turns out pretty green. Pretty alkaline for a body that is all into acidity. 

I am hoping to get a small crock pot so I can hook up the steel cut oats the night before and have booby juice happy breakfast in the morning. With the lactation cookies those will be for breakfast as well! *insert smile here*

You did WHAT!?
  I have mentioned it to some people who have called me and come to see Jonathan but I never mentioned it on my blog. My amazing doula also did placenta encapsulation. Last year, it was mentioned on the reality show, "Tia and Tamera" as Tamera had her doula create capsules loaded with her dried placenta. One of my dear girlfriends mentioned this to me as soon as I told her I was pregnant, "One thing I should have done was get my placenta encapsulated! I found out that it is great for postpartum depression. Get a doula or a service to do it for you!"

If you google "placenta encapsulation" you will see a number of blogs, sites as well as service providers (including my doula) who speak about it. Basically the point is that you loose a lot when delivering the placenta. There are studies out there now that state that consuming the placenta does nothing for post partum depression but there are studies that can not tell you if it does the trick or not. All I am saying is this when you see mammals bearing their young I never see them just leave the placenta behind- they EAT it. Many tribes and cultures encourage eating the placenta while some even bury it. I can tell you this: I am six weeks postpartum and I have NOT been a zombie but once since being out of the hospital. The one time just happened to be daylight savings time ending. I have cried twice- once was from extreme laughter. I have never had a problem with my milk drying up and best believe if this little guy was not hanging off my boob all day more things would have been accomplished. Also, I think I healed better than most and even though I speak of working out and eating right I am not the most disciplined person or an olympian. Do I think the placenta encapsulation had something to do with it? Perhaps but I am not going to bank on all of that.

My pills. Bad pics due to actually carrying baby and not wearing him.
Professional picture?
Long enough blog. Go out there and buy stuff and cook stuff for Thanksgiving! No cute pictures of baby this time around.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Great Conjunction- Function: What does it all mean?

Where does the Time go?

Food, Air and Water Show and NAILS