Who Told What When. . .The first trimester

I have searched over my dear friends and their friends pictures and blogs to see how I want to present this. . . shocking and amazing miracle. 50% of pregnancies are not planned and I hoped if I was ever to get pregnant that it would be TOTALLY UNEXPECTED!

So, this blog is going to look similar to a friends but not as glamorous because this woman is highly put together and her daughter is super cute and put together which made me believe per her posts she was having a proper and beautiful girl. Me? I am just glad there is just ONE baby in there. (seek details later)


Pictures of me the day I found out I was pregnant. Again, I was off from work so I had a lot of time to take it all in.


The size of the. . . embryo.
I began to call this not a baby because I didn't want to get my hopes up so it became an embryo or whatever size the app was.
Diet: I began to drink tons of water, eat lots of salads, eat yogurt, kefir, fruit, veggies

Next week- 1st appointment. . .

"So, that is it?"- me as I looked at the "spot" that is supposed to grow to be my child.
"We thought you were six weeks but it looks like you are five weeks according to this ultrasound."- Doctor
*Vince is standing next to me quiet trying to figure out where the baby is.*

I hear so many stories that people crumble off of the first ultrasound pic. We didn't feel anything. I know that sounds bad but I think we were still in the shocked phase that I was actually pregnant.

So, we had to discern who would be the first to know about our special little secret. I thought Vince and I would go upstairs and announce to his mother that we were pregnant. I was actually working on my Spanish. Well, he went to his mom's and told her without me. Next thing I knew, his brother knew.  When I asked when would be a good time to tell anyone? "When you are like four months."
"I would be showing by then."
"Well, then we don't have to tell anyone. They will have figured out."

Vince being such the proud papa-to-be told his family before I got the opportunity to tell anyone. Eventually I found out and was upset but now I am not worried about it at all.

Weeks following. . .


Getting used to the idea. . .if I am awake!

My little white board reports which I began in week seven. . .about two or three weeks after discovering we were having an additional member of our family.

I also thought, "I am going to be a mother! May be I should dress like a goddess and keep a smile on my face when I am awake."



At this point, most days I would balloon a little but that is because of constipation and gas.





Week nine, we had our first picture of our baby. In the pics, I am wearing my first maternity shirt that I got on clearance at Target. (Yeah, discount deals and looking savvy.)

Did not get a chance to take a pic for ten weeks but a friend did
So, I did not get a chance to take a pic of week eleven. . . or did I?

Yeah, that was not gas. . . I think.
Pictures were taken at a running event. . . Shamrock Shuffle!
More energy and feeling alive I ran some but still walked completing with a time of 1:00:09.

Now, you are up to date about two weeks behind my current time of pregnancy. But, I have been so busy being in my second trimester. Yes, the energy has picked up increasingly. See that messy room in most of my pics? It has already been rearranged. LOL!!! Until next post. . . this disheveled, busy, energetic, thrifty, silly, happy, mom-to-be is out until next time.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Great Conjunction- Function: What does it all mean?

Where does the Time go?

Food, Air and Water Show and NAILS