A Pregnancy Story

WHAT THE WHAT?!


This was one of many pregnancy tests that was taken in February.

Let's begin from the beginning. . .

December 2012
   It is my birthday and I did not want to feel super old so I declared it a get together to celebrate the day after the end of the world. No one showed up so yeah, I felt a little bummed out. My birthday must not have been important to anyone. My bestie showed up and I let her know that Vince and I were in the beginning to discussing may be trying for a baby but for 2014- not the next year. She smiled and told me about her dream that she gave me three candy canes and soon enough I announced to her that I was pregnant. My birthday gift? A necklace she made and in the bag was also three candy canes. I giggled because since we have been married people have had a guestimate on when we were going to have a baby. So much so, it made me fearful and hiding pregnancy tests throughout our apartment so that should I end up a little late I have a test in hand.

January 2013
  I have a dream that my father came to me and told me to take care of his grandbaby. I told him that I have no idea what he was talking about and named my sister's children. He simply said, "You better take care of my grandbaby." He vanished from my dream and I awoke but did not think much else of it. At this point, I had just signed up for my SECOND half marathon and I had not even ran the first one yet. I got my runners shoes that fit like a dream and I had just run my first 10k at a pretty decent time. I was even getting ready to audition to be a Yoga Sculpt instructor so everything was falling into place.

February 2013
 I came into the office one early February morning and one of my front desk ladies looked at me and asked, "You had your cycle yet?" Nope, never crossed my mind. I said nothing. "Congratulations doc!" I shook it off and just figured she started cramping and would be upset and go home as she usually does. I knew "aunt flo" was coming but in her own sweet precious time. A week came and went. I was preparing for a Valentine's Day themed race which was another 10k. I was hitting up my yoga classes which were now making me faint and dizzy. I was so tired all the time. I was bloating but I just assumed that aunt flo was going to come with a vengeance. Had not even noticed I was late since I was running, working, you know living. Any PMS symptoms? I hear other ladies stories and they had all these symptoms but believe it or not, I had hardly any. I was used to being late because of how my cycle was erratic. . . but that was BEFORE I became a vegetarian. Usually little bouts of stress here and there may make it late but not by much. 

 I run my race which was highly difficult because it was raining and it was cold so I was actually slipping all over the place. I began running with another BGR! lady who was catching a cold. At about mile 4 we slowed down because of her menstrual cramps. Thinking out loud I said, "Huh, I have not had my period yet."
"Are you pregnant?"
" I don't know."
  We began discussing it and I began thinking, "Oh crap! I might actually be pregnant!" I finish my race and get my medal and take the sweetest picture with hubby. . .
Hmmm. . . I just ran 6 miles. Am I pregnant?
Kisses for hubby

The next day, I had the day off from work. As soon as I felt the urge to pee I ran to the bathroom. I grabbed one test that was hiding in the apartment and just grabbed the other three tests because I was sick of being in fear. It was either I am or I am not but I REFUSE to hide in this fear any longer. I figured the test was going to have the infamous one line that I loved. It was dark and I could barely see but I took those tests at like 6:45am. I took the dropper and placed the pee over the spot for each of those four tests. I just KNEW they were going to have my one red line. . . . three minutes pass. . . I finally turn on the light. Test number one- look like one. Wait, is there a faint pink line there? No, couldn't be. Test number two. Uh, that for sure has two lines. Test number three- same thing. Test number four- my famous red line and nothing else.

My attempt to wake up Vince was difficult but if I would have said, " Vince, I took four pregnancy tests and three says we are going to have a baby." This story would not have been as funny. I really said;
"Uh, Vince. . . I took some tests and it did not say I was not pregnant. Can you come into the bathroom?"
Vince, still asleep and now annoyed that I am trying to wake him so early in the morning says, "What?"

"I took a pregnancy test!"

I think he heard the hostility in my voice and got up half sleep and tripping over the bed in our bedroom. So, I had to explain to him how pregnancy tests work and how one line means no baby and two lines means, "Congrats, you knocked her up." So, I showed him the first test. "So, two lines mean pregnant?" He said. I nodded my head. He stated he did not see the pink line. I showed him the second test and he asked the same thing. "Yes." I said. I showed him the third test and told him that it states pregnant and I told him that the last one said no but when I looked at it again, that pink line showed it. "Oh, no. This one also says I am pregnant. Congrats, you are going to be a daddy." I walked back into the bedroom. I honestly think he was still half asleep and half shocked.

Honestly, I don't think the pregnancy hit us immediately.

The initial four pregnancy tests. The first picture was of a test I took almost a week later. Vince wanted a test that actually said I was pregnant.


So, the question is should I report my weekly pregnancy events? Not really but I will try and post some cool things that I did and cool stuff from books as well as my modified yoga practice and my running along with pampering and all the good food and cooking. Nom nom!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Great Conjunction- Function: What does it all mean?

Where does the Time go?

Food, Air and Water Show and NAILS