Chorizo con Huevos

Once a month, I make my dear sweet husband Chorizo con huevos or chorizo and eggs in English. When we were dating, he knew he wanted to marry me so he took me to his house and showed me how to make chorizo and eggs. I thought it was disgusting because it was made in pork and I never got with eating pork and other red meat (yes, pork is included in that too.) so I never had a chance to try it. Since November will be two lovely years of vegetarianism I thought it would be nice to see if there is a veggie style chorizo out there that I could try. Here are our recipes:

Traditional Chorizo con huevos recipe
Ingredients:
- El Popular Autentico Chorizo (he prefers this particular brand)
- 5 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp of corn oil

Instructions:
- Grab a large skillet and add a very small amount of corn oil to the skillet.
- When skillet is warmed (should take 1 minute) grab one sausage
- Remove casing. Contents go into warmed skillet
- Break up with spoon or spatula as it cooks. Oil from sausage should add more oil to skillet.
-When sausage is broken up, add eggs
- Cook for another three minutes
- Serve with warmed tortillas, hot sauce and salsa

My ovo-veg recipe
Ingredients:
- Trader Joe's Soy Chorizo (sorry, this seems to be the best brand I have discovered)
- 3 large eggs

Instructions:
- Grab a large skillet and put it over medium heat.
- Take soy chorizo and slice sausage in half.
- When skillet is warmed, discard cut open 1/2 sausage over skillet
- Break up with spatula or spoon. Oil from sausage will be the oil to cook in.
- After three minutes when sausage is broken up into crumbles, add eggs
- Cook for another three minutes
- Serve with warmed tortillas and home maid salsa (recipe to follow later)

if you are vegan, replace the eggs for crumble tofu.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Great Conjunction- Function: What does it all mean?

Where does the Time go?

Food, Air and Water Show and NAILS