Veganuary!!! What Vegans eat at a fast- food restaurant

 Happy New Year!!! Happy Veganuary!

A gorda with lettuce, red cabbage, pico de Gallo, vegan butter, and vegan sour cream.

It is Veganuary! Or January with a vegan twist. This month and year marks FIVE years I have been vegan. It is not a light road as I sit here trying to figure out how I got here. If you are considering going vegan, there are benefits and negatives. 

Here is a restaurant list and some items that are vegan or vegan-friendly:

Chic-Fil-A: Kale Crunch Salad- The dressing contains no dairy. It is also great for the gut microbiome and loaded in fiber.

Burger King: It used to be the BK veggie hold the cheese but I am still looking into what could be vegan. The Impossible Whopper is made on the same conveyor as the regular Whopper. ( I saw a blogger note this was vegan and because it shares the space with regular meat it does not count.)

McDonald's: I am still looking into this one as many of their products are made with animal products. I don't want to tell you the soft serve. I will get back to you on this one because I have not eaten at McDonald's in a long time. ( about 4 years?)

Potbelly's: Mediterrenean Sandwich. Hold the feta. I usually add all the veggies I can. Some restaurants will add extra humus to the bread. Yum!

Subway: I believe there is a veggie sub. Again, I have not been here in a long time but not because they do not have options. Here is an article from VegNews.

Jimmy John's: Vegetarian sub. Have them omit the mayonnaise and cheese. I will take it one step further and have it as an "unwich" which is opting out of the bread. I will ask for an avocado spread in place of the mayo. It is actually pretty good. link

Which Wich: The Black Bean Patty! I hope this is prepared right because it is actually pretty good. This link from Peta actually goes step-by-step on how to make it. 

Chipotle: They offer everything, just replace the meat with sofritos. Or, you could do as I do and opt out of the sofrito "meat". I don't do well with TVP ( you will find out about that later) so may the odd be ever in your favor. 

Qdoba: Just as long as you omit the cheese, sour creme, and meat.

Culvers: I will have to come back to you on this one. They have a side salad and they can remove the cheese and meat. I had a bad experience recently.

Portillo's: They have some meatless items but I have had some bad experiences so I will get back to you on that one as well. They have a garden dog but I am not sure if it is cooked with the meat items.

Buona Beef: There is a meatless Italian which is a vegan version of an Italian Beef. I had it before and I think I rated it on IG. 

Panda Express: I will eat here if I am on the go and I'm out of my car snacks. Peta also has a list of what to get at Panda. My item is generally the cheapest item to buy when on a road trip with the family! 

I believe that is it for now. I will get to working on part 2. . .

Happy Veganuary!







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Great Conjunction- Function: What does it all mean?

Where does the Time go?

Food, Air and Water Show and NAILS