20 Years of Southern Hummingbird
Release Date April 2, 2002
Because Spotify is late, I just received word that this album is over 20 years old! Since I have been writing and speaking on health and chiropractic for a while, I figure this would be a fluff piece to distract me from the madness of my current life by reflecting on my younger life.
This CD stayed in my three-disc stereo system while I was in college. I was emotional and rampant. I switched my major from Biology to English and was quite the flirt. 2002 was the year that I began taking Spanish and realized I was pretty good. I was working, traveling, and doing well in college as this was my fourth year of school and didn't quite want to graduate. I was also 2 years without living in the same state as my mother and had a great friend to spend my free moments with. We went to free Sunday sundays at McDonald's for a 29-cent cone. I went to the clubs on the weekend and some Thursdays in the city. I was a bit of a recluse at this time but the music from this album really settled my soul. Her sounds were soulful and the point in this artist's life took a turn for the better and you can feel this in her singing. She notes that she was falling apart and on the point of suicide until she met with Missy Elliott. Missy, at the time, was mourning the loss of her dear friend Aliyah as she passed away from a plane accident. In a sense, they healed each other from their pain- mourning and depression. All in all that makes Southern Hummingbird worth listening to and kicking back. There are a few upbeat songs like, "Oops! (Oh My!)"
So, check out the album and enjoy!!! I am going to finish listening and getting to lunch while I scope the place and possibly purchase a lilac that I don't need right now. Have a great day!
https://albumism.com/features/tribute-celebrating-20-years-of-tweet-southern-hummingbird

Comments
Post a Comment