When Living in a Change of Temperature

 

We are all about the walks
With opening up a new practice, there comes a time when you have to save a little money. Thankfully, I have been walking to the office which has been great for my lungs and spirit and it gets me moving. I am attempting to walk when the weather is not as warm, either. The picture above is of the kids walking through a nature walk with my husband. Since we do not have the disposable income for play gyms in the area and trampoline parks. We have to be a little more inside ourselves.

Winter is about being inside ourselves. I always had the feeling that we expunge so much energy in the summer that we should internalize it in the winter. This is why I love all seasons based on what we should be doing with our bodies and ourselves. Winter has always been a time of reflection, working on removing old bad habits and adding good new habits like working on New Year's Resolutions or dietary habits. ( Remember, I declared my vegan journey in January.) I feel as if I drink the most water in both the summer and the winter. The summer is because we are sweating and losing the fluids our body needs. The winter is because the air is dry as all liquid in the air is frozen leading to dry skin. But, I am a midwestern gal and I am a fan of all four seasons which is why I try to take nature hikes with the family all year long so they can see the differences in the forests and make their own conclusions. The Spring and Autumn are for transitions- from too much energy to too little energy. Spring, if you need to do something fun before the real heat hits is when to do that said thing. ( I got my locs in Spring. I was married in the Spring. I am so glad I had my daughter dab smack in the middle of Spring.) In Autumn, it is a transition of calming down the body from the high energy of the Summer. ( We began the process of buying our first home together and signed the papers a week before winter began. We had our son in the middle of Autumn after a very energetic Summer of me being pregnant and running.)
Autumn Walk
Winter Walk
Kids in the early fall

*No photos were taken in the summer of last year in the forest preserve. We were at the beach, backyard, and varying parks.*

Kids and I in the Spring of last year.
This is a post just to remind us that we adjust our minds and selves and the seasons are there to help. We have less sunshine in the winter but our darkest days are when we shine our best light. I love Spring, Summer, Autumn, and Winter. They help to create our character and if you are a fun person- you are fun throughout the year. If you train for events, do it throughout the year. We need our natural Vitamin D. ( Shoot over to my blog on Vitamin D- jadeorchidwellness.com for more info!) So embrace the seasons and enjoy life!

So, I keep saying over and over to walk in the winter but I am not giving the best reasons- improve the immune system, improve mood,  and lose some weight! It is also great to walk in the winter if you have allergies- not messing with you as much, is it? Hmmm. . . Don't take my word for it? Here are some sources you can look up:




But, what about if I have arthritis- the cold air makes my pain worse? Well, thank you for that question. I will have to address it in my other blog. But, doing it enough times will reduce pain. Apply an analgesic cream to the joints prior to your walk. I can recommend a great one!

(the picture takes you to an Amazon link to purchase)


* Note: I must add that I am not getting paid for this ad. I actually gave this link to friends and family to purchase since I was not there to help them or before we discharged them from our care. You are welcome.*




I have been into soups, lately. The first picture is a lentil soup from a local Mediterranean restaurant during the Super Bowl and the last picture is a pumpkin curry soup to which I added oats, coconut, and pumpkin seeds. No recipes but I will add one in the next blog. Stay happy, healthy, and well!


E. Lotus









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Great Conjunction- Function: What does it all mean?

Where does the Time go?

Food, Air and Water Show and NAILS