Murphy's Law in Opening

  "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong."

Murphy's Law- I am assuming it is like what they say at a wedding- the more horrible the wedding, the better the marriage. I am posting this on my personal blog because who would want to come see a doctor that is doing everything herself and she is not doing what she is not perfect with everything. Perfection has become an illusion for me. Somewhat of a mythical creature that you think you might have seen in the corner of your eye but really, it was a bear with a bird on top of it, picking at that one tick that it saw from afar to eat. 

Photo from Live Science link. Their photo was from HBO ( obviously)

My journey starts in July when I realized I needed to get my own practice. It just hit me. In the middle of working at the office. I had two new patients waiting for me, I had a request for acupuncture, and I needed to adjust one more patient and take information for their re-examination. I had just taken my DOT examinations and I was ready to begin seeing patients and getting them on the road and on the path to health and freedom!
In August, I began my path of looking for places to rent. I wanted to buy a building as my husband and I have discussed in the past. With the extra money we had for the renovation of our home, there was no way we could float buying a building. I had some help from friends who were serious about me getting my own practice. I finally settled on one right near the downtown of our home. But, that wasn't until September.
I grabbed the keys the first week in September. Yes! It is all coming together. I slowly got bank accounts and EMR systems in order. By October, we replaced two of the rooms with floating floors and removed the carpet. I had a logo! The shop next to us opened and I gave him a very small gift congratulating him on his space. November came- there was a fire. Next door. We had smoke damage. I was working so much at the office in the city and at the side job that I could not get to the office. So, it got a little neglected. The insurance companies were fighting to pay out and not pay out next door- leaving the cleaning crew in and out and unsure when they will be out. They were there for a month. December came and the carpet needed to be replaced. We allowed it. No one told us when they were to be done. We did not walk into the office until after New Year. 
Back to decorating, we didn't have to pay for January rent due to not being able to come in. The website is complete- Oh no! Why is my home address on my business website? Why does it seem like a lot of weird strangers trying to "get into my DM's"  and tell me I am pretty and they are in love and I have no idea who they are? The website was remodeled, and now so is the logo so it can just now be added to the front of the clinic. WE OPEN TOMORROW!!! Oh well! * throws imaginary papers in the air* might as well just do what you can when you can. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Great Conjunction- Function: What does it all mean?

Where does the Time go?

Food, Air and Water Show and NAILS