Chicagoland Eats and Treats part one



 Hello Chicagoland! I am not sure what is going on this weekend as I am on a break from my webinar but I have posted up a restaurant that many have yet to try out. I will try my best to review this and other restaurants that I have tried out over the past week or so.

*Disclaimer- if you have a health condition I do not recommend trying out some of the foods. I am going by taste and taste alone. 

Mother's Day Weekend

That Friday, I finally let go and tried out the latest vegan restaurant on the west side of Chicago.



I had a combo platter that included greens, mac and cheese, and fried "Shrimp"- vegan. I was a little worried because I am a label reader which is probably why I haven't gotten a chance to get into some restaurants.

I didn't stay in the restaurant so I bared the traffic with some nibbles here and there. I can say out of the platter, the greens were the best. I did not taste the cheezy flavor of the cheeze from the mac and cheeze. The seafood sauce really brought out the "shrimp". I would recommend this restaurant to those who really need to get some soul food in their vegan life and do not want to cook.  It, unfortunately, does not add up to the Chicago heavy-hitters like Soul Vegan on 75th on the south side. I have yet to try Manjani which is another vegan soul food place of interest. Another review? Most likely.

Saturday

A friend threw a tea party for Mother's Day that boasted that they had some vegan food. Let's go!



vegan finger foods- cinnamon scone, coconut whipped cream and eggless bites. Tea- Australian Rooibus


Yes, I was dressed like I was ready for the Kentucky Derby! The jam was light and sweet. The sandwiches were light in flavor and did not disappoint. I enjoyed the tea even without sugar. Since I had the fried food the day before I did not have the urge for anything more. But, I knew my weekend of eating was not over. (Yes, I eat but I make most of my food and it does not include fried food.)

We journey'd to the Northside to check out a vegan bakery that I have tried once before but did not post. Sweet Vegan Bakery is Black- owned and is nestled in Old Town. . .

mind the pedestrian. My daughter looks like a celeb kid. LOL!

There, they had a lovely spread. All vegan. 


Very delish! The bakery opened last year and has had some success in the first year. There are more vegan bakeries in Chicago but this is the first I checked out myself. I have not been as successful with avoiding sweets as such but it was Mother's Day Weekend. I had to go for it. 

The bakery was sweet and creamy- you could tell that they took their time with making, blending, and whipping up the delectable desserts. I highly recommend the cupcakes! I have yet to try their cakes but I hear good things.  I would recommend going if you are not on a particular diet but they also have regular food. I have been twice and have not dived into the pizza and other lunchtime goodies.

I have broken this post into two because of time constraints. Next up! Kale My Name, Chicago and Veggie House in Chinatown. Again, I encourage a vegan diet but more so whole food plant-based vegan diet. These treats should be indulged every now and then and not daily. Well, you can daily but I am not recommending it- and I would be mildly jealous.

Disfruta el dia!







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Great Conjunction- Function: What does it all mean?

Where does the Time go?

Food, Air and Water Show and NAILS