How to Make and Enjoy My Gold Coffee

 * Disclaimer* 

I am not referring to Golden Coffee, an actual form of brew of coffee that is lighter and less acidic than standard black coffee. This is highly recommended for people who suffer from GERD or  IBS. Also, I should include in this disclaimer if you suffer from GERD or another IBS I would not recommend you make this. You could alter the ingredients as ginger can be an irritant. 



Ahhh, that is better. Ok troops! I am always posting about my beautiful "golden coffee" on IG. ( If you are following me, you know I am always posting on there and not on here. So, I am still going to make an attempt to do my best. No promises though!) So, here is the "tee" on my coffee.

The Ingredients

Coffee- coffea arabica, This ingredient is widely cultivated and used especially in industrious first-world countries like where I am located in the United States. I am referring to the standard coffee as there are now variants. While pregnant with both my little ones, I enjoyed chicory coffee, which has amazing health benefits! There is also mushroom coffee which I highly recommend for my vegan community as the longer you are vegan, the less your "stores" of vital nutrients are present to create selected cells that will help fight colds.

Ginger- If you have followed me long enough, you know my deep love and passion for ginger. Ginger is anti-inflammatory, assists with nausea, helps in bringing down a fever, helps with osteoarthritis, and so much more! Not to mention I love the hot, sweet flavor which helps me stay away from dumping a pound of sugar in my morning coffee.

Turmeric- More and more people are getting into turmeric and I am loving it! I went to college and got turned on to Indian cuisine which uses a great amount of this herbal root. This is highly anti-inflammatory as it is one of the bigger fighters that block the COX-2 pathway which is the pathway for inflammation and pain. When used with ginger, this is a perfect duo for chronic pain ailments such as fibromyalgia and arthritis.

Cinnamon- If you haven't heard by now- you will right now. I also love cinnamon due to its sweet nature in some cases. Cinnamon, even in smaller portions, has been scientifically proven to drop blood sugar levels so I always recommend cinnamon to my diabetic patients and insulin-sensitive patients. This also helps with gut health, reduces blood pressure, and an anti-fungal.

Nutmeg- I like nutmeg for the flavor but it can also boost immunity and help with blood sugar and decrease high blood pressure. 

Oats- I have recently begun using oat milk and oat coffee creamer. I should not have started. I love oats!! Oats are great for people who suffer from anxiety as it is in a group of botanicals called nervines. The oat milk is gentle on the stomach and boosts protein which is great for us vegans.


How to make it

1. Brew your coffee- However you normally brew it. ( Hot water and a french press, K cup, standard coffee maker, however)

2. While the coffee is brewing, get those yummy ingredients together. I use standard spices from the store with the exception of ginger but you can grab the standard spices and your cheese grater or grinder and grind your own if you have the time.

3. In your cup, add 1 teaspoon of turmeric, 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg

4. Grab a cheese grater and a piece of ginger and shred. I store my ginger in the freezer. It makes shredding it so much easier.

5. Add your oat milk or oat creamer- I add more oat milk (about 1/2 cup to a cup because I like mine creamy) Also, it is creamier than almond milk or coconut milk so adding as much as what you would have added with the other two will make it lighter.

6. Grab your hand blender or little wish and stir well.

7. Add your coffee, sweetener of choice, and enjoy!


Here are a few standard links to checking out the benefits of this coffee. If you are not vegan and would like to add creamer- I do not recommend that as you are getting some serious health benefits. If you don't trust society, make your own plant-based milk. Also, if you want the best health benefits, add xylitol, stevia, or monk fruit as your sweetener. Some vegans add maple syrup as there are some benefits but not as great as the other three. 

Nutmeg benefits

Cinnamon

Turmeric

coffee

Oat Milk- does touch on what I mentioned but more

Ginger - a slideshow


Enjoy!!! Sleep, exercises, make connections, break bad habits, and love.

Eclectic Lotus


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Great Conjunction- Function: What does it all mean?

Where does the Time go?

Food, Air and Water Show and NAILS