Juneteenth Eve 2020


Here we are, June 18th, 2020- or should I say, Juneteenth Eve. Yes, I have been pretty silent through most of June and that was not due to a busy schedule as I normally say. It is was because I simply was tired and emotionally exhausted. I have been on social media- almost daily. The hatred. The anger. I have been praying because yes, I am still a Christian. (Sorry, there are a lot of Christian bloggers or maybe that is all I attract when I am going through blogs. They have a lot of great things to say but their bio mentions they are Christian. This is a good thing.)

I have been saying this for years
ALL. OF. THIS.  I can be a dangerous weapon because I worked in a library throughout college and even during summer vacation and winter vacation. While putting away books, you find things. Things that probably don't get checked out very often. You learn about the South after the Civil War when they emancipated all slaves. You learn about the reluctance of President Lincoln freeing the slaves. You learn that he died before rules could be set into place on how this situation was supposed to be handled. Then, you learn of these people traveling West to create towns where they are not hung and destroyed. Yes, I believe that the United States became a contender to the table in the 19th and 20th centuries if it was not for slave labor and newly released slave labor because many of those slaves stayed at the plantation and worked. Where else were they going to go? They could not read or write because it was illegal to do those if you were a slave so you were labor but they were working for mere pennies.


I later found out about how the Jim Crow laws began because I thought they sprung up after slavery. They did not. While many ex-slaves were working in the same place where they were during slavery, many others left. They became educated. They worked while in school. They created schools. They took up the gavel of politics. They owned businesses. They began to create towns. They had families- real families. Not just jump over a broom and you and that other person are considered married. They had churches. The AME church could develop. ( If you would like to learn more about the AME Church, click here for more information.) White people back then didn't like this at all. I should say, poor Whites did not like this at all. This is where the beginning roots of the Klu Klux Klan began. They would destroy homes and mess with the Black people in these all-black towns. Jim Crow laws were signed by Blacks in order to have White people stay out of their towns and protect their citizens. Well, that didn't happen. They still came in and destroyed many towns. (To learn more about these towns, Wikipedia does a good job of listing all of them.) This threw them out of government.

With all this history, that does not describe what is going on now. So, why even talk about it?
That history began the divide between Black and White. Some people argue that it is honestly Rich and Poor and I would say that they are correct- to a degree. There is already information (thank you Census) that states that the demographic mostly on welfare continues to be white people. You can not assume that every single white person owned land and had a plantation. They did not. How do you keep all the poor people from uprising? Divide them out. Give the poor Whites jobs and keep the Blacks in slavery. Tell Black people they are animals and leave out the Whites in the same predicament. Keep laws and rules saying they can not intermarry. Keep the poor uneducated and tear out information in the books about radicals such as Newton Knight, a white man, who led a revolt and created a county where Blacks and Whites were free to do business and have a life outside of the Civil War. Now, THIS still happens right? We have titled the White woman that calls the police, Karen. This is why I am speaking about this.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Whatever. So, what about Black on Black crime. I don't see protests and charities dedicated to that. Now, you want to get upset?
Absolutely not. There are SO MANY CHARITIES that go to these causes. There are marches that occur throughout the ghettos of major cities. They are rarely televised because they won't bring the ratings I assume. BTW, the media has been a big force in the movement of equality between whites and blacks.
 Here is a site that has a list of many charities. I prefer the local charities because you have to improve where you live right?
The highlight of Black on Black crime is to overshadow any other crimes that have happened. As we see in the news and look very closely it is not a new concept to hear about White people being killed by other White people. I currently have a neighbor that was arrested and sent to jail for embezzling millions of dollars but this wasn't on the news. Now, if I lived in a predominately Black neighborhood I would have found out about this the day he was arrested. Again, the media also takes part in this.

The revolution, if this is not it, I really hate to see what it will be like. Can you say, tear down the White House or even the US Capital? Now, if you are still not listening or thinking this is an over-exaggeration than think if you went out running and some people followed you and shot you dead. You did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. Or, what if you got stopped while driving in another state for a tail light out? Yeah, that happened in a Hallmark Movie but in reality, you go to jail and end up dead the next morning. In the Hallmark movie, they stay in town and learn Christmas cheer and get the guy.

You must admit though, there is an obscene amount of Black people that die to the hands of law enforcement and others know it and will call the Police on us. There is a duality to the law system and if you can not see it, you might want to take a look a little closer. Black people are killing themselves but it is based on a system that was created by the White government and society. If you can not see that, check out the articles about welfare in the '70s. Matter of fact, I will leave you with some movies you can watch which are based on reality. I have been writing about this all day as this may not seem so much. So summarize- CHECK YOUR HISTORY!!! (yes, there is a story about black and white but there is another story of divide and conquer)

So, White people who are out there protesting and becoming human shields- continue this trend. Don't do weird stuff like washing our feet and all that mess. Stick to the matter at hand and we are cool. Enjoy your first Juneteenth Day!

Stay Woke, Stay Safe, Stay Praying,
Eclectic Lotus


Movies to check out while you break from protests or to make you protest:


Wikipedia's info for Beloved (movie)  Side note: this movie is actually loosely based on a true story.

There are many, many other movies- ( Mandingo, Roots, Queen, Selma, Panther, etc. But, you can start there.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Great Conjunction- Function: What does it all mean?

Where does the Time go?

Food, Air and Water Show and NAILS