New Year's Post- Into the 2020's
Into the 2020's- so exciting! The past New Year's I had bad feelings about the incoming year but this year is one where I feel better about. 2018 was a year I was not looking forward to and 2019 was not as favorable but 2020 seems like it will be a better year. So, in Eclectic fashion we are doing something a little different.
I called my cousin deeply rooted in tradition and she had to reluctantly get me off the phone due to cleaning up the house and cooking. Why? New Year's is approaching. ERG!!! So, the tradition is to clean the house to send off all old myths and spirits and make way for new and better things to come. A meal is prepared with black eyed peas, yams and greens. As today is the 28th of December and I have technically 3 days to get my life and family in order I am going to make an attempt to break this down:
Day 1 (Today): Bag up all old toys, clothes, books and send them to charity. Change passwords to accounts and set up new equipment. Buy groceries with foods for New Years.
Day 2: Scrub down floors and walls. Clean and straighten bedrooms. Soak black eyed peas. Meal prep for the week. Prepare New Years Resolutions for family.
Day 3: Begin cooking. Go to post office and mail off any photos or pictures for family. Financial planning.
By day 4, I have much to prepare for which is this blog and its future as well as my facebook accounts and websites that should be planned and managed. ( Did I mention I wrote a book this year and have been TERRIBLE with marketing? The name is J L Orchid.) Professionally, I am going to improve as I am taking some seminar classes to obtain some serious alphabet soup. I want to show I can be a serious candidate with blogging by improving the footwork on this site.
For those who wanted to know, yes we are in Chicago, IL and we had an AMAZING Christmas as we took a tour down Lincoln Park into the zoo and conservatory.
I wanted to take them to the other zoo we have here in the city as I have passes for them to ride the carousel for free. We try to take full advantage of leaving the house and going out to explore. After we took a trip to Louisiana for Thanksgiving I guess we took for granted all our city has to offer during the holidays. Our temperature got to 60 degrees on Christmas and the day after so the kids have been basking in the sun and warm temperatures which has helped any sniffles they were getting to go away. I also have increased their Vitamin D3 content with their multi vitamin as well as another vitamin. We also opened the windows and let all the stale air out which has done great for them as well. As this is the season for kids to get the sniffles, boost the nutritional content and get warm food and fluids in the system. Will discuss this in a later issue as now, I have no choice but to boost this and other "foot traffic" because I get lots of moms ask me about colds and viruses. So, there is the cliffhanger. Have a great New Years!
Now, go and clean your house!









Comments
Post a Comment