Women HERstory Month

What is HER story? We only see the famous women stories but what about our own? This year is a little special for me because I am now the mother of a daughter. To me, my SHEroes are the ones who are happy- success is not very measurable in this stage in my life.

I feel like I am successful- I am a doctor, a mother, a happy wife with a happy husband, and a new author. (See below for link- The L in my name is for Lotus!) According to my older sister (got to love older siblings) I'm not quite there because I don't have a house. If I lived in New York, I probably STILL wouldn't have a house. That goes for San Francisco as well but I should not compare Chicago to these two cities- it is very expensive to live there.

Anyway, what is HER story? Every woman has a unique, beautiful and elaborate story that created them. To my close girlfriend who was born and raised in Haiti very poor and now is on the brink of being a CEO of a successful corporation- I salute her! To my niece who was born healthy and great grandma took her eyes off her for a second as a toddler and she got into her great great  grandma's medication instantly shutting down her pancreas and now is a massage therapist working for Massage Envy and J.C. Penny. She is rough around the edges but still gives a smile that is pure sunshine- I salute you! To one of my mother's close friend who just lost her husband to cancer and is working like no one's business to hold down the family, her home and their vehicles- I salute you!

This is not to say men are nothing but every great man is even better with a hard working, determined woman along side him. I encourage my husband to be his best, love God and love his family. I am sure Coretta Scott King went through so much more than I every have with my husband. It wasn't like the good Reverend Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. did all that on his own with 4 kiddies! The remaining 3 kids are still fighting the good fight so their exposure and the endurance of their mother became generational.

What's YOUR success story?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Great Conjunction- Function: What does it all mean?

Where does the Time go?

Food, Air and Water Show and NAILS