Music Moves Me

If you ever followed me in my early "Xanga" days you will know I am big on music. I LOVE MUSIC!!! That is how the devil will officially do me in by playing me a song with a great beat and not telling me to listen to it I will have to pass my soul over to him.

I can say the past two years or so I have been under the radar on hip swaying new tunes. I have just listened to songs like, "The Seed 2.0" by the Roots or "Kind of Blue" by Miles Davis. I have even ventured into groups like Belanova and Romeo Santos. While my taste in music is ever and always ecelctic like my name I have not kept up to date. So, I have to pull from the blood of younger people and people who still keep in the know. Here are my new loves. . .

Childish Gambino

Oh, I love love love this man! Donald Glover was the guy in my fantasy world who I met in grad school gaining a Master's degree and he was in one of my classes and we were the best of friends in school, got married and had twins- a boy and a girl. We lived in a neighborhood where we were the only black couple and threw parties for the neighbors and did fundraisers to raise money for a cause-du-jour.
I want to go running to "Redbone" and "Me and Your Mama"! I discovered this early last year as I was grooving while with a huge stomach. I have yet to see the show Atlanta so please don't ruin it for me.
The beats are nostalgic to the days of the 90's when I wore skorts and had my hair in box braids. He can take his beats and flow from smooth and creamy to electric and dreamy with a bit of that cosmic flow added. If his music is the future, than I will never be outdated. He also does a great job with flowing the music in with his vocals so that you don't have to hear a bridge but instead feel a climax which is rare with many artists songs. ( currently listening to "Me and Your Mama" while typing this.) If you are not on board and haven't heard him yet you are missing out. Seriously.

Jidenna

Turns out. I have heard this man before and never knew it. I just happened to get really big into Janelle Monet and sure enough he did a great song with a few others. Now, this past year he dropped a video that re-ignited my dancing fool from my college days. Yes! He is here! Where have you been all my life? You have to watch the video first which does not feature Jidenna but two very popular dancers on the African continent. They are beautiful and the story is that the car broke down and they have to call a tow truck man but you don't care because they are too busy dancing. The fashion and the dance moves brings you to check out the song and the song itself is a stand alone as it grabs you and pulls you into another place as you feel as if you are in Jamaica or Lagos getting ready for a dance party. Get your happy, basement party back and invite some of your international friends!

I learned about him mid-2017 and heard "Boomerang" when it dropped in November 2017.

StefflonDon- "Hurtin' Me"

I can't fully say where I heard this song without getting in trouble but all of a sudden I can't stop thinking about this song. This goes to say I saw the video and I was like, "Eh, another one of these people huh?" I hear the song two more times and let's say it has not left my brain! The beat and harmony of the instruments and digital sound is somewhat nostalgic of the early 2000's as well as the video of some girl with a big booty and only wearing a bra, thong and some fur coat. Doing research, this kat ain't even from the US- her name is actually Steff London. She reps London but is born and partially raised in another country in Europe.

Grab your red bottoms and a thong and listen in while smoking a vape. This is an addictive song sure to please when you have relationship issues. Even if you don't it is a great song done with French Montana

Now, to my Christian Music Heads. . .

Danny Gokey "Comeback"
   Does this not make you want to dust yourself off and DO IT!!??? If you are feeling down and out- check out this song! Of course, this is not a newly heard artist for me as me and my son sing his music in the car since he was a babe. ( Also, I love his song "Hope in Front of Me" and " La Esperanza Enfrente a Mi" which is the Spanish version) Of course I love this artist! He is Christian and from Milwaukee.

Fired up, inspirational and a pretty good beat to groove to. This is your song to get better. To do better. To study and learn. Take it and run with it. "This is your time. Your moment."

Jasmine Murray "Fearless"

Get ready to wake up to this song in the morning. Keeping yourself on track. Excuses are nothing but fear disguised. This woman got it! This song has a thumpin beat that keeps you moving. I listen to this song in rush hour traffic, washing dishes and cooking on the weekends. Long gone are the days of listening to old school gospel. Pull out this song and put it on repeat.


That concludes my music adventure for now. Go out and create your own!

Salut!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Great Conjunction- Function: What does it all mean?

Where does the Time go?

Food, Air and Water Show and NAILS