Computer, Hair and Rainy Days

For years I have been about the computer. Before the computer it was the typewriter and not to show my age but I was pretty young when I had one. I think I was around the age of 7 or 8 when I had it and I typed on it but then I really enjoyed writing things down. Since I have become a mommy of two, I try to get on here as much as I can and not just the simple tasks of paying bills but really getting into writing. I have even asked friends to send me their resume's so I can take a crack at improving the flow and style. I currently have a CV and a resume- the CV is for my Chiropractic prospects and the resume is for my write life. I have yet to dig into how to make a great writing resume but I instead of references, I have snippets that the scout can look into and determine if my writing style is what they favor.

Picture "borrowed" from Neil Patel

I can admit at this time that I actually wore my daughter while typing. I have nursed her in one arm while it was typing. I think that should be worth a medal for that one but it shows how many moms have to get things moving. Scheduling the day does make writing and seeking out writing jobs much better.

Yes, that is the baby girl sleeping on my chest while I listen to a webinar

I haven't been directing traffic to this site and there is a reason for that. I will not get into why I have not brought traffic into this site because honestly, it is an excuse. You should never have an excuse for something if you feel it is the right move. Since I was pregnant, I have been coming more and more into my own about things. I wrote a book but to me it is mediocre- I tell no one about this book. All the ideas I have had slip from my fingertips is insane. I am only writing this because I know there are many more people who have done the same thing. I still have relatives ask me about "juicing" where I was posting my daily juices. I still do juicing but never post about it which is the reason the last post was about my hair as I have done many creative hair styles for naturally curly hair.
from Monday, 7/10
from Sunday, the boy gave me a flower and I placed it in my top knot. Looks like a coordinated that with my daughter's hair pin. Nope, spontaneous.

I haven't built up this blog because of privacy. I am a little nervous about making this public because I have two very small children and once you post this out into the computer world there is much to be nervous about. (If you notice, there are little to no pictures of the latest edition to our little family.)

Speaking of Little Family and Hair
   If you notice in the last picture, something missing right? Yes! It is the hair in my temple. Where is it? While breastfeeding and my body resetting itself I usually loose hair in my temples while I retain much of the thickness of my hair post pregnancy. During this pregnancy, my hair thinned and thickened all at the same time which is different from the first pregnancy where I went from short thinner hair to thick, long hair. Daily, I have been massaging my temples with a drop of Jamaican Black Castor oil in order for the hair to grow. I am still taking prenatals and increasing avocadoes and egg into the diet which is an increase in healthy fats and biotin. Biotin is a B vitamin which assists with hormones creating longer and faster hair and nail growth. I also went back to washing my hair once a week and reducing the deep conditioning and increase the rinsing. Once a week is shampooing and once a week is a coffee rinse or an apple cider vinegar rinse.

Rainy Day Love
  Today has been a mess! It has been on and off raining so much I declined sending my son to summer camp. Since my son goes to an art summer camp I brought him art inspiration. The day before, I went to Michael's craft store and picked up some Crayola window crayons. While on my 30 minute writing spree, I had the idea to let him color on the windows. Well. . . we both had a ball!
His drawings began to tell a story he told me as he was coloring away. I wish I was that creative! I just made a sun, some clouds, some balloons and a vine with flowers. He has a picture of everyone in the family chasing each other. . .including the baby. Once I am done with writing on here we are going to snuggle in for story time and head to the library when the rain has settled because he has been asking to go again. Times like this make me praise God I am home with them and watching them grow. I want to go back to work and punch in and out on the clock and see patients especially days like yesterday when I just felt like I had no energy what so ever. Then, there are days like today where my son hugs me and tells me how much he adores me and the smiles I get from my baby girl. I hurry up and get the fire out of my kiester and remember what is important- my family. It is not about me anymore but about their happiness and that should radiate inside myself.

Sounds beautiful but then again. . . a day of pampering without the kids is beautiful as well! ;)

No recipes or fun things today. . . GO MAKE SOMETHING UP!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Great Conjunction- Function: What does it all mean?

Where does the Time go?

Food, Air and Water Show and NAILS