Ugly You Post Partum- Beautiful Baby Post Partum

Man, I am a ugly chica! Having a baby does it to you- men need not complain about life because when you have a baby you go through the RINGER!!! It seems somewhat worse when it is the second baby. So, all the crap you hear about in the post partum phase ( or 4th trimester) is true. I am going to tell you how I am battling it.

1. Your Hoo-Ha!
   - I should re-name my body parts after giving birth "Rocky Balboa" because they tell you NOT to look down there. I did not in birth #1 and I haven't and will not in birth #2. I did touch down there and I am really NOT going to look down there. How to help this out:

- Confession: With my son, I had a third degree tear. ( click here for more information of tears.) With my daughter, I have a first degree tear which is pretty much mostly healed. How did this happen? All the research that I looked up before giving birth this second time assured me that I was going to rip again as I did the first time. I was actually EXPECTING a third degree tear. Two words: coconut oil. Once a night, I would apply coconut oil to my "lady parts" when I was pregnant. I was not doing a perineal massage- I believe, but I was applying coconut oil to my lady bits when I was pregnant.

2. Nursing
  - Nursing is going better than the first three hours of baby's birth. I must say that it was PAINFUL AS HELL to nurse within the first two days as it felt like labor contractions.

 - Confession: Just take the meds. You just had a baby- you don't have to "prove" anything at this point.

3. Your Tummy
  - It will look like a deflated balloon. With my first pregnancy, I had no stretch marks and I lost the tummy so fast with nursing that I gained a few stretch marks which disappeared after a year and a half. This time around, I have that dark line as well as dark stretch marks. I also hear of multiple kids leaving the stomach soft and extended because the stomach never went in. (diastis recti)

  -Confession: exercise- suck your stomach in. It does help! Also, since I went to a different hospital, they gave me a "cincher" or a wrap to put on my stomach. It helped but it is limited. I recommend belly binding but I did not receive it in a timely manner. (Will not comment too far on this matter.)

That is all I can think of right now since it took a month to write this entry. Home life has changed and for the busier.

Other than me, the baby is beautiful! I am wearing her, kissing her and her big brother helps when needed but he also doesn't realize how to hold her and that he doesn't know how. We have had to scold him a few times. We try to give him attention but it is not enough for him as he has drawn on walls, tables and his bed. More on this in a later entry.

Running through life. . . two kids at a time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Great Conjunction- Function: What does it all mean?

Where does the Time go?

Food, Air and Water Show and NAILS