Belly Wrapping While Pregnant, Stir Fry Foods and All Crazy Pregnancy Things!

How flawless is she with twins? I'm struggling with this one!

Hello, hello! So much has occurred such as me just now getting into the third trimester! I must admit it has been somewhat a hard pregnancy but then as I discovered many around me are "rocking the winter bump." it has been some what of a shock and some have not had it as easy as I have so I stopped complaining. So, I am trying to jump back into embracing my body and the fact that I am producing life. . .for a second time. I can say that my hormones have got the best of me in ways I will not describe. So, here are some items that I have gathered.

Belly Wrapping
   Wait, I don't have to put my wrap away until the baby gets here? Sure don't. Just found out about this because I really want to do belly binding after having this whopping baby. So, I just found out about it today and here is what I gathered about belly wrapping.
1. Diastasis recti- the separating of the ligaments that give you the six pack. Ew. There is difficulty with putting that back together after numerous children. So, bind during and after pregnancy in order to "keep it tight!"
2. Support the back. I must say, that I have begun to get some back pain during this pregnancy. I was adjusted more during this pregnancy than the last but that doesn't matter. You are now supporting a watermelon, pumpkin or whatever they tell you what the size of that baby is inside you. Either way it goes, you need all the help you can get for that back pain you will get. I didn't have it with my son oddly enough but this baby is giving the pain.
3. Hip support. Now, baby is sitting higher than my son was so you would think I did not need that support. WRONG! Going into my squats and lunges hurt the hips. I guess the body is already getting ready.
   Reading on research, this is best done if you have had multiple children. Well, I don't want to go beyond these two so I will start now and then see about belly binding after my little "angel" is born. Plus, I have this woven wrap that I barely used with my son so let the wrapping begin. Will post on my success with this soon.

Red Raspberry Leaf Tea
  I almost forgot the red raspeberry leaf tea which gets the uterus and cervix ready for childbirth. I am still working myself up to four cups per day. Now, I am only at two cups per day. Once I get a little closer to the due date I might just get a huge pitcher and drink that when I am not taking in all the water that I am supposed to drink. Also, I just got pregnancy brain and burned my tongue while writing this blog. LOL!!! I mean. . . ouch!

Dodged the "baby sugar" a second time!
   My first pregnancy, I was worried about gestational diabetes. This pregnancy, I almost asked the midwives to just diagnose me with it so I can go on about my life and not have to deal with going in and taking the three hour test. After a very adverse time of taking that three hour test I was diagnosed as "normal".

Mama Glow Green Beans
  In the book, Mama Glow by Latham Thomas she calls them "Garlic Ginger Green Beans" I messed up on the recipe but they still came out pretty good. I ate them with jasmine rice. NOM!

1 tablespoon olive oil
1-inch piece of ginger, peeled and grated or finely chopped
2 to 3 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
3 cups green beans
1/2 cup nama shoyu soy sauce ( I used Braggs liquid aminos)
2 tablespoons raw agave nectar or honey ( I used agave nectar)
2 tablespoons sesame oil ( didn't have sesame oil. Too pricey!)
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1 cup almonds, chopped (optional- I didn't use them. I used sesame seeds. LOL!)

In a large frying pan or wok, heat the olive oil and add the ginger and garlic, sauteing until lightly browned. Add the green beans, soy sauce and agave nectar and stir fry for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the sesame oil and the crushed pepper. Top with almonds if using. ( again, I added the sesame seeds- it was spicy and sweet with the removal of sesame oil.

So, this blog took me two hours between cooking dinner, folding clothes and cutting up food for the boy. Here are some better sites on some of what I spoke of on the belly wrapping.

Babywearing International of Cleveland posted this in 2014
http://bwiofcleveland.blogspot.com/2014/07/belly-wrapping-for-pregnancy-support.html

Compliments of wrapsodybaby.com
https://wrapsodybaby.com/belly-wrapping-during-pregnancy/

I like this site because she also goes into further detail of the regions of where belly binding comes from:
https://www.motherwiselife.org/belly-binding-for-prenatal-comfort-and-postpartum-healing/

Will discuss more about red raspberry leaf and gestational diabetes in further entries. Enjoy your evening and enjoy those green beans. I will try cooking those again but with broccoli as I got some left over in my kitchen.

28 weeks pregnant



Eclectic Lotus

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Great Conjunction- Function: What does it all mean?

Where does the Time go?

Food, Air and Water Show and NAILS