The casserole dish that never stopped
Last week after the trip to Native Foods, I thought it would be great to make myself some macaroni and cheese. I bought Colby jack cheese and forgot about the pasta. Once home I noticed that I had only a small amount of rigatoni and another pasta that wasn't macaroni. "I can fix this!" Billing the pasta to al dente in with the cheese it went but I felt guilty about only cheese and pasta so I remembered some veggie stir fry and added it to the dish before it went bad. I then noticed some red cabbage that looked wilted in a bowl in the back. It got added to the dish. Then I remembered some broccoli that wad in the back of the freezer getting ready to freezer burn. It goes in too! I set the stove for 375° for 20 minutes. It was good! Cheesy and not to my son's liking. Every day I ate it while he slept. Memorial day can and went and half of the mess I created wad still there. "Hmmmmm, I did grill some veggies. Let's put that in!" Grabbed some to place in the microwave with some grilled onions, bell peppers, eggplant and red sweet peppers. Yowza! Pretty good smoky taste with cheese. A complete meal and not as heavy because of all the darn vegetables added. I think I like redesigned food.
Comments
Post a Comment