Heels During Pregnancy. . . Yay or Nay?

This is a picture of me at eighteen weeks. Recently, I have been told by multiple women that I should not wear heels. This picture was taken after I got back from shopping and repairing my computer.

Being that I am a Chiropractor and pregnant. . . I guess I should not wear heels but in my defense I do not wear them all the time, just at certain functions. I recently went to a cotillion for a 15 year old and I wore my beautiful patent leather silver platform heels. I danced in them and walked around in them and stood for long periods of time in them. My feet were fine. My back was not in pain. But again, that was the only day that week I wore heels and I had a pair of cute silver flats just in case.

Now, I am not these women. . .
You can even see Beyonce prancing around in some high heels
My theory? They are used to wearing heels daily. My dear best friend wears some serious heels and she used to wear heels just about every day as she states that she does it,"to get taller." Which is why I got into the heels business anyway but what about if you are pregnant.  Medically, the heels make a shift in the body so that the butt sticks out more shifting the gravity in your midsection. With pregnancy you are already shifting the butt out because there is more of an arch in the back which shifts the belly out even more. This can have effects of increased back pain and weakened legs which may or may not be fun if you are one of those ladies that want to do a natural labor with no meds and not a lot of help.
But look how much prettier you would look in heels with a bump!
We are women and we love things that accentuate our booty and make us as tall as we can get. We like looking in the clouds, looking graceful and lets not forget how heels make our legs look. When one is pregnant you want that even more because you feel like a fat, unattractive cow. (This is a generalized thought. I do not think I look like a fat cow-I think I just look knocked up. LOL!) We may do odd things such as wear more make up and I even hear that pregnant women are just DYING to cut their hair. Again, I do not want to chop off my hair but I wouldn't mind getting those little twisty braids.

So, my general opinion when it comes to being pregnant in heels? It is okay for a special occasion. If you are not experiencing back problems and had a great posture before hand go ahead and wear some heels once in a while. Let your celeb pregnant diva out. If not, I would suggest against it.
Enjoy your click clack!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Great Conjunction- Function: What does it all mean?

Where does the Time go?

Food, Air and Water Show and NAILS