Nutrition, in a nut shell
I can honestly say I am not a vegetarian. . . for now. Fetus is just not really wrapping it's little developing mind over tofu. As I have discovered tofu is not the best for a growing little fetus. So, I got to a crossroads as to what is better for me and the baby. Currently at 18 weeks I think I have discovered what I can and can not eat since pregnancy seems to be a list of things you just can't do.
1. Don't eat that raw stuff. . . unless it is well washed veggies and fruits
- If it is unpasteurized. . . it is no good. That is another term for RAW.
- If it is a deli meat. . .NOPE! Smoked meat is not good either. All those sulfites! Yikes!
2. Eat a little more than before you were pregnant. . . just not that much.
- If you are a psycho calorie counter like I was at one point and time just add in 300 more calories.
3. No booze, recreational drugs ( like crack), coffee, expresso
- caffeine is not good for a growing baby. Sure, they tell you you can have it but O.J was good for you too until Dr. Oz exposed them.
4. WATER!!
- that is all
5. You better cut that juice!
- cut juice with water to avoid a lot of sugar
6. Pass on the salt.
- I made popcorn on Monday and I have mildly swollen feet just to give you a clue.
7. Organic, grass fed, vegetarian feed
- Eggs, meat, poultry is what I am referring to. The plus side about being pregnant is I get to check out all the farmer's markets to stock up.
8. THE BIG ISSUE. . . To dine or not dine. . .on seafood
- There is a huge debate on this. I also had my assistant tell me that I should NOT eat shrimp. . .at all. Here is a link to the American Pregnancy Website that breaks down what is safe and what is not:
http://americanpregnancy.org/pregnancyhealth/fishmercury.htm
9. Omega-3's. . .genie in a bottle for healthy eyes and brain
- I am currently taking a DHA supplement along with my prenatals as well as taking in about a tablespoon of chia seeds daily. Breads and granola with flax are a plus as well. Earlier in my pregnancy I adored salmon.
10. Know what you are dining on!
- read the labels. Being proactive makes you and baby safer and healthier. I mainly snack daily but I get my produce from trusted sources. Something I have to reinforce in hubby once again since he picked up some overly ripe apples.
- also, I forgot to mention beans, nuts and then there is peanuts. There is a rumor that your child can get a peanut allergy if you eat peanuts or asthma. If you are healthy and have no asthma or peanut allergies your child should be fine.
1. Don't eat that raw stuff. . . unless it is well washed veggies and fruits
- If it is unpasteurized. . . it is no good. That is another term for RAW.
- If it is a deli meat. . .NOPE! Smoked meat is not good either. All those sulfites! Yikes!
2. Eat a little more than before you were pregnant. . . just not that much.
- If you are a psycho calorie counter like I was at one point and time just add in 300 more calories.
3. No booze, recreational drugs ( like crack), coffee, expresso
- caffeine is not good for a growing baby. Sure, they tell you you can have it but O.J was good for you too until Dr. Oz exposed them.
4. WATER!!
- that is all
5. You better cut that juice!
- cut juice with water to avoid a lot of sugar
6. Pass on the salt.
- I made popcorn on Monday and I have mildly swollen feet just to give you a clue.
7. Organic, grass fed, vegetarian feed
- Eggs, meat, poultry is what I am referring to. The plus side about being pregnant is I get to check out all the farmer's markets to stock up.
8. THE BIG ISSUE. . . To dine or not dine. . .on seafood
- There is a huge debate on this. I also had my assistant tell me that I should NOT eat shrimp. . .at all. Here is a link to the American Pregnancy Website that breaks down what is safe and what is not:
http://americanpregnancy.org/pregnancyhealth/fishmercury.htm
9. Omega-3's. . .genie in a bottle for healthy eyes and brain
- I am currently taking a DHA supplement along with my prenatals as well as taking in about a tablespoon of chia seeds daily. Breads and granola with flax are a plus as well. Earlier in my pregnancy I adored salmon.
10. Know what you are dining on!
- read the labels. Being proactive makes you and baby safer and healthier. I mainly snack daily but I get my produce from trusted sources. Something I have to reinforce in hubby once again since he picked up some overly ripe apples.
- also, I forgot to mention beans, nuts and then there is peanuts. There is a rumor that your child can get a peanut allergy if you eat peanuts or asthma. If you are healthy and have no asthma or peanut allergies your child should be fine.
Me at 16 weeks
Healthy eating for two
Comments
Post a Comment